Sunday, February 11, 2024

Nothing Going on Here

 Since my return from Portland with the 11 cats, I've been recovering.  

Wednesday night, the man with the shop who had brought three from there, near the colony, took four back to recuperate the the night there.  He took the long hair black male, sure it was Fozzy, one he fed there.   Like the one he feeds there, this cat is mostly tame.  But today he called to say Fozzy was back and not the cat that got fixed Wednesday.   He still has him in his shop, however.   So the real Fozzy also needs fixed.

His shop is extremely close to where I trapped these cats.  He also feeds at the trapping location.  

There are three very connected colonies within a quarter mile of one another, which makes it a nightmare to catch them all.  Or to even know who is there.

Anyhow, I returned the other 7 Thursday morning, got the traps out of the car once home, cleaned out the dirty trap liners, but didn't clean and sterilize the traps until yesterday (Friday).   Started the cage cover laundry Thursday too, then slept a lot of the day away.  The rest of my time was spent in catching up on cleaning here.   

By Friday I was caught up on cleaning in the house and happy to be back to normal again.   

Today again mostly I slept and read.   I have a sore muscle down my back from my neck, but other than that, all good.  

I got five spots suddenly at OHSS a week from tomorrow.   I already know who is going.  Four are from one Lebanon household.  I have three candidates in mind for the fifth spot.  The most needed one caught is the torti at the park.    The feeder says she'll trap her but I don't know if she's ever trapped a cat before.   There's a last kitten needing fixed at the Sweet Home colony.   There's the big orange boy who is often but not always in my yard.  On and on.....

The lady who allegedly has 50 some cats in a trailer park in town has never contacted me.   

Gigi helps me do a whole lot of nothing


Bob on the roof


Rogue, my vertigo boy, likes to dig and slap at the water bowl, but only this particular water bowl, creating a mess almost daily.

I could have gone and done something fun today if I could have thought of something nearby, but I couldn't, so I slept again all afternoon.  Weather was good, too.  Today, Super Bowl Sunday, more rain.   I am not into sports so super bowl Sunday means nothing to me except there will likely be drunks out on the road after the game.    

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cat videos. They're fun to watch, especially since we don't have cats anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get some more. I wish you and Ward would adopt more cats. There are so many in need and you two are great cat owners!

      Delete
    2. We would have more cats in a minute if I weren't allergic to them. Even with allergy shots, I suffer a lot from itchy eyes and a runny nose, and have to get expensive treatments for my eye, in addition to the allergy shots.

      Delete
    3. Oh I'm sorry. I'm same way with dogs, but only some dogs with certain sort of hair.

      Delete
  2. Water can contain fish. It is a good idea to have a dig in the water in case there are some hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think like a cat Andrew. He had to be sure.

      Delete
  3. It's too bad you didn't get Fozzy, but that other cat needed to be fixed anyway, so it worked out. At the moment I am actively ignoring the Super Bowl. I actively ignore it every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fake Fozzy was a good catch anyhow. That's funny you actively ignore the super bowl. I don't have the channel it was on. Sometimes I do have CBS, sometimes not, depends on weather a lot (antenna). Didn't bother me any. If the channel had been coming in, I probably would have ended up actively ignoring it too.

      Delete

15 Cats

 I'm taking 15 cats up to be fixed at the FCCO in the morning. 9 are from the 12th street Lebanon colony while the other six are from th...