Thursday, February 22, 2024

Nice Day

 We had our first really nice day today.  I love it!

I went to Waterloo park, of all places, but once there, didn't do anything, since  there's really nothing to do there.   I've walked the short dike trail too many times to want to do it again, and its shaded and often soggy in mud.

I went down to the river at the upper boat ramp.  The river is low again, so the boat ramp doesn't reach the water.



I went and visited the residential lady, who, years and years ago, requested help with a whole lot of cats she was feeding.   I took them all to the FCCO to be fixed and found most of the kittens placements.  That was way back, when I still even did adoptions.   Anyhow, those cats except for a couple, now deceased from old age.  But many new ones have arrived, most dumped at the park first and find their way to her and she feeds them and I get them fixed.  Pumpkin I got fixed last summer, after he showed up, first at the park, then finally made it to her place.  He's a sweetie and looks good.



I have five spots tomorrow.  I gave them all to a husband and wife out off Scravel Hill.  They have maybe 25 needing fixed and are getting FCCO spots for the rest.  Best to get a few done though, in the meantime, since its baby making time of year.    The guy patiently waited out catching five females for tomorrow.   That's pretty good.   The clinic may not think so though, as females take much longer than males.

I didn't take photos yet, will get them tomorrow.  After I went to the park, I knew I had to tackle the lawn.   So I cut the front lawn with my electric mower.   Took a bit as the ground was still soggy and the grass was tall.   Looks ok though now I think.

House at the end of the cul de sac is listed as "offer accepted with contingencies", so something has to be fixed and then its as good as sold.   We shall see who the newest neighbors will be.  I hope they're not assholes.

Slinko and Gigi are my favorite photo subjects.  Gigi is quite tame, but Slinko is only tame to me.  However, they are my only two cats who even approach "tame" classification now.   

Whiskered Slinko


8 comments:

  1. Slinko should introduce movies! SLINKO PRESENTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Slinko Presents Macabre Cat Rescue Stories.

      Delete
  2. Pumpkin looks sweet, calm, friendly and a gentleman.
    So much rain and a low river level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin is really sweet. Waterloo Reservoir is downriver from the two reservoirs and they're back to filling them now. So water levels on the Santiam there are not so much rain driven as Corp of Engineers controlled.

      Delete
  3. Good weather can really be a mood lifter. I'm glad that you finally had one. Slinko is quite the model and you're quite the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can and its supposed to be nice today and tomorrow also! But then more rain and even snow mixed in is forecast.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful skies! I always worry about new neighbors. Never know what you're going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to get the females fixed first. Glad you're on it. And it sounds like spring might be coming your way. Finally.

    ReplyDelete

Got Mom

 Caught mom of the little kitten who died last night, late, at the complex in Lebanon. Another Lebanon woman, much younger than me, by about...