Monday, October 23, 2023

The Old Beloved Clippers

 These clippers are one of the best purchases I've made.  Back years and years ago, when I got them off Amazon, they were about $20 and still are, come to see.  

They're rechargable, have kept sharp and came with an extra battery.

I clean them after every use, with a clipper blade brush, and oil the blades, even though one blade is ceramic to keep friction heat down.  They're quiet and don't freak out the cats, some of whom are wild things I have to net to then shave off their mats.

I'm posting this to share with Darla, whose cat Dandelion gets mats.

It's hard to share info in comments on other blogs so this is a response post with the info,  if she wants to get some similar clippers.

No brand name to be found on them.

The pull out rechargable battery pack.



Also I fixed the volume button on my car radio thanks to Youtube.  I haven't been able to work the volume for radio or CD player for some time.  It will go lower or higher then lower if I turn the volume knob.  Youtube DIY videos told me to pull the knob off and clean the electronic contacts underneath with electric contact cleaner spray (dries super fast).  I did that, and I am happy to say it works just fine now again.   I got my volume back!  Youtube is a girls best friend!

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing what tricks you can pick up from YouTube. And yeah, sometimes it is easier to write a post rather than try to put links and such in comments on other people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love youtube. Its diy'ers help me fix so many broken things around here. Yeah, I'd really like to send Darla a pair of clippers but don't have her address or know if that's even her real name.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to find a product that works as it should, and keeps on working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's eery and a modern marvel, my clippers, that they would still be working years and years later too, now that's not even sound economics, lol. Isn't everything supposed to break fairly fast to force a person to buy another.

      Delete
    2. Maybe it is sound economics though because here I am promoting them proudly once again, to people who may buy a pair. And I promote them only because they are good and have lasted so many years.

      Delete
  3. They must have been advanced for their time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind! It is a sound investment, for sure. And I'm very glad you fixed your volume knob. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

15 Cats

 I'm taking 15 cats up to be fixed at the FCCO in the morning. 9 are from the 12th street Lebanon colony while the other six are from th...