Thursday, May 04, 2023

Beautiful Tsarina

LMS before she was adopted and got her other name---Tsarina!

Midori sent me this in 2010

How time flies.

It seems like eons ago that I met Tsarina, and her adoptors, now old friends.

Tsarina has died of kidney failure.  She had a long and very loved life.

I called her Little Miss Sunshine.

In the summer of 2007, I was called to a location just south of Philomath, about a mom cat, tame, who had kittens in a shed.

The mom cat was easy enough to catch.  But the kittens--not so much.  The shed had some hay in it and a few sticks of wood, but the kittens would vanish beneath the wood, into spaces below them.  I had no idea what I was getting into and that the woodpile was long buried underground and went down five feet.  

I was a lot younger back in 2007.  I dug them out but it nearly did me in.

2007 was the year I had to move here to Albany, from living most of my life over in Corvallis.   I'd been evicted from my latest shanty.   The move was hard on me and it took me months to recover.

That's long behind me.  I love living here in this house, that my brother owns.   Nicest place I've ever lived in my life.  

When I heard Tsarina had died I went back and read blog posts I'd written way back then.  I remember now why I called her Little Miss Sunshine.  She looked like she had a perpetual smile on her face even though she went through a great deal after she came here.  She caught conjunctivitis after her spay at Heartland, so bad her eyes bled from it.  Then ringworm, requiring lime sulphur dip baths three times a week.   That was my difficult time, with about a dozen or more kittens with ringworm I had to dip, then dry, one by one three times a week.  But we all got through it and Little Miss Sunshine got the best of homes and when she did, I gained friends for life.

Here's one post about her adoption, from 2007.

I know what its like to lose friends.    Tsarina---what a life you had!  Thank you Midori and Mark for sharing your home and giving her your hearts.

RIP LMS--Tsarina!  

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that both you and Tsarina got better homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both did get better homes and her people became my friends too. They're really wonderful and I love them.

      Delete
  2. Like Live and Learn I am glad that you both got better homes, and to find good friends is a huge bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both badly needed better homes. I've been so blessed to meet so many wonderful people through cats. Tsarina's people are the best.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet story. Sorry she's gone, but it sounds like she finally had a good life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw her again, after her adoption, but Midori sent me photos. They live up in WA state. Tsarina connected us for life.

      Delete

15 Cats

 I'm taking 15 cats up to be fixed at the FCCO in the morning. 9 are from the 12th street Lebanon colony while the other six are from th...