Sunday, April 30, 2023

Insanity

 I think its nuts when people have an opportunity to get cats they have fixed, for nothing, and then they bail out on it.   The Sweet Home folks did just that.  I'd saved them three spots for today, to get the rest of theirs done, too.   Sad for the cats.  Wastes my time, too.

So many people act like they are entitled to my time, gas money, labor, like its nothing.

That's why I'm taking the summer off.

Another party swore she was bringing a female to me at my place at 6:00 this evening.  Never showed.  I even talked to her at 3:00 and it was still on.  No call to let me know, just didn't show up.

Like I'm a piece of nothing to stomp on and it means nothing.

I don't take it personally.  It's their issue not mine.  They get blacklisted then.  Like that means anything.

I ended up with five cats anyhow.

And an extra.  

The extra is a stray around here and, perhaps high on catnip, which he enjoys in my yard, he broke into my cat yard from the top, not sure when, and is now pretending he lives here.  

I only noticed this evening, sitting in my car in the driveway, cursing and shaking my head over people who do not do what they say they'll do, and don't bother to even let you know.  I looked up at the cat yard, and there, laid out on the shelf, was an unfamiliar face.  WTF?   

I have four black cats.  Two are very old.  Two are very fat and all have right ear tips.  This guy laying there looking like he has always been there, was younger than any of mine, skinny, unlike anybody but my saggy really old black guy Smolder, and had no ear tip, just some tears along his right ear.

I did a double take, that's for sure.   I was too tired to chase him down in the maze of runs and rooms this evening, but tomorrow he will get chased down.   Darn Freeloader.  I think I'll name him Freddy the Freeloader.

But after a rough day, he made my day!




6 comments:

  1. Stupid - and totally inconsiderate.
    Freddy the Freeloader doesn't realise what he has just let himself in for. And will be better off for it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is inconsiderate. Yeah Freddy, now I have to chase him down, within my own space. But....it did crack me up!

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing that many of the people you deal with are so messed up, that cats or anyone else are not top on their mind. It's good you don't take it personally. I hadn't thought about Freddy the Freeloader in years. My dad loved Red Skeleton, so it brought back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents loved Red Skelton too! Yes, many many messed up people who have enough trouble dealing with their own troubles.

      Delete
  3. Wonder if Freddy will become a permanent resident at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just acquired a new cat ;)

    ReplyDelete

15 Cats

 I'm taking 15 cats up to be fixed at the FCCO in the morning. 9 are from the 12th street Lebanon colony while the other six are from th...