Monday, March 13, 2023

Gas Station Cats

 I got all three gas station cats.   

I couldn't get ahold of either the attendant who was helping or the man who owns the cats who lives behind the station in a camp trailer in the field.   

So Sunday I went to the gas station and the female cat was out by the cars parked by the station, so I set a trap and caught her quickly, as she was hungry, then texted the attendant I'd caught her.   

The man in the trailer didn't answer texts or calls.  He has a bad phone that won't hold a charge and has to charge it at the station when he can.  The attendant had told me to honk three times, then he'd come.  But it didn't work, and neither did yelling from behind the station at the trailer.  I finally walked out to the trailer through the mud and pounded on the door.  Only then did I realize my mistake.  I saw another trailer much closer to the station down the other side.  Ha, I thought, no wonder.

I then yelled at that trailer through the berry vines and up he came with the two other cats in carriers.  But just as we loaded them in the back of my car, the black kitty broke out through the insecure front of the carrier, into the back of my car, and quickly out the front open door, back towards the trailer.  So he took a better carrier I had along and soon was back with the cat in it.

I was happy to get these cats or soon there would have been a colony behind the station.  Gracie is the mom of the other two.

Blackie

Bouncy

So those three are up being fixed along with two Lebanon strays a lady helped out in her neighborhood but had been unable to get fixed. She tries to help cats in trouble she finds, but sometimes has trouble finding a way to get them fixed.  Those two are Sindel and Finnegan.

Finnegan

Sindel

When I picked them up, I was met by a dog who seemed bigger than I am, but who is very very friendly.

I'd really like a day to romp somewhere with that dog. He looks like he'd be so much fun.

It's pouring here today, an atmospheric river thing, although central and northern California are again getting the worst of it.  I think they may wash away down there.

I'm happy for them with their reservoirs full again but wtf, rain and snow can now stop already.  Come on.  Enough!

Winter blues and agitation/irritation from the constant drippy icky gray are high around here.

We could sure use some sun.


The video is of the black unfixed stray male, taking refuge under my eaves, to stay dry.   I figure he is an abandoned cat since he's always over here and nobody seems to care about him, like when the weather is really lousy, like freezing or pouring.   So I'll get him fixed, if I can catch him, for my next appointments.


6 comments:

  1. Here's wishing for some sunshine for you. And easy cat trapping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you for the sunshine wishes. Sure could use it. Easy cats are soooo nice, but I do love a challenging cat to catch.

      Delete
  2. Success at the gas station. That's great. Head off a colony before it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding and I could just see another Shedd colony getting going there. Two of the three were females, one pregnant (barely) and the other in heat. So.......nick of time!

      Delete
    2. Its exactly how they begin. One guy brings in an unfixed tame female. Next thing you know, she has a litter and the two of that litter who didn't get homes, when they found those kittens, start breeding too. Nipped this one in the bud though.

      Delete
    3. Fantastic! Well done.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...