Tuesday, February 07, 2023

List of Projects

 I've got a lot of projects done in the last few weeks.   

I rearranged the garage and built a window shelf for Gigi.

I recovered two, so far, cat scratch climbs/cat trees.  The carpet remnant I got for very little is a bit brittle, lets' say, from sitting around where I got it and I am trying to use it fast.

I installed thresholds under the two bedroom doors, mainly to hide/flatten jagged edges when I redid vinyl.

I took out the cracked slider window, first removing the long standing cat shelf below the window, covered the window with a board, and took the window to the glass shop.  It's still there.  I called them last Thursday to ask when it would be fixed and they said the glass would arrive yesterday then they'd call when they'd replaced the glass in the aluminum frame.   No call yet.

Replaced several sticky vinyl squares in the hall.  These squares were advertised to last about five years.  They've been on the floor 16 years now and held up surprisingly well.

I pulled out the stove and cut out the build up beneath it, shoved it back in place so I could cook at a normal height and so the stove would be level.

I finally put in the dryer timer I got back way back when it broke.  But, it took a long time to come, and in the meantime, I rigged a fix that was just as good as a new timer.  I didn't want to lose the new timer parts so I switched it.  I did save my fixed timer, in case the factory one bites the dust.

I got rid of two bags of things I never use or didn't fit and took them to a thrift store to be resold.  I also took some tools and hardware to the Habitat Restore, to resell to someone else who might use them.

I finally steeled myself and tried to shave some of Buffy's mats.  Buffy is very old, still quite feral but quit grooming herself and got mats, even though her hair is not long.  I have been afraid to try to hold her down in a towel and shave some off, for fear it would trigger a seizure or heart attack.  But I got some of them off yesterday and more importantly, washed out her ears thoroughly.  She did not have mites, but had a couple large rounded "stones" of hard wax I guess with dirt imbedded down in each, which shocked me.  Well they're out now so hopefully she'll feel better.  But my OCD makes me eye the remaining spiked mats when I see her and want to get them off too. I need to let her recuperate from this last go around.  She really did not like it.

I'm proud of myself for getting these longstanding projects off my list before the sun comes out and the rains stop.  I don't want to waste even a moment of the sun when it reappears in doing projects.


4 comments:

  1. It gives you a good feeling when you a productive time as you have had. I seem to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and I have an inspection tomorrow here, and all the mentioned things had to get done prior. Hope the house passes.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have this inspection, thought it was today, but its tomorrow. They gave me a pass on the window not being back yet, at least. I let them know.

      Delete

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...