Tuesday, October 04, 2022

The Two Extras

 

Glorious fall sunrise, as seen from the clinic parking lot early yesterday morning.


People are in despair over the lack of spay neuter spots for community cats.  

FCCO is still not making appointments and the OHSS clinic (in Salem) is booked out through end of December.

I am very lucky to have ten more appointments this month, plus ten next month and a few in December, can't recall how many.

I'm abandoning the two colonies where cat caretakers are not involved.   They are a waste of my time.

That would be the Albany Colony 3 and the Lebanon one I was at Sunday night and caught only owned fixed cats and have no idea what cats are the ones I'm after since no one who feeds wants involved.

So, back to the Foster RV park where there are a few not fixed.  I got one of those in Monday, as cat number four, and another Lebanon girl, who was in heat, as the fifth.   

Here's the interesting part of these two cats.  Both cats had been named Turbo by their caretakers.  And both caretakers work at Mobil gas stations--one in Lebanon and one in Sweet Home.  That coincidence made me smile.  I knew the guy because I trapped a mom and her three older kittens behind the station he works at.  He'd been feeding them. It was during the heat wave that year, so maybe it was last year as it was ungodly hot.  

For the records, so the clinic would not be confused, I extended the RV park cats name to Turbinator.

I got a lot of cats fixed at the RV park up there a couple years back.   I have one of them here--Little Thunder.  She'd gone with her three trailer mates to Heartland but they said she was too shy to get a home, had shut down there.  I went and got her and she's my little love bug now.  There are not too many new ones, but there are some I guess.

Here's Turbo, a.k.a. Turbinator, from Foster.


And here is Turbo from Lebanon:


Of the three kittens, two are girls.   Including the darling buff tux medium hair.

So Turbo and Turbo were the two extras I found, after leaving Colony 3 because the guy once again cancelled last second, then going to the Lebanon colony and catching only the fixed owned cats.  Turbo and Turbo.   Fitting I think.

9 comments:

  1. Turbo and Turbo sound like they were the lucky ones today. Don't the people who are feeding the cats won't have as many to feed if they'd cooperate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think they would be able to understand that. But many people think in the moment instead of seeing what the future could be like. (much better)

      Delete
  2. Well done. As always. And a big sigh at those who think that their contribution/responsibility stops at feeding the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can be frustrating. I could not stay upset with the very charming feeder man, however. I like him, I can't help it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Indeed, a great sunrise. The co-incidence with Turbo and Turbinator stop there. The are so unalike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful and so was the low hanging fog blanket.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, not worth the effort if you don't get any help. Maybe one day they'll realize things will be easier if the cats are fixed and then they'll call for help. Until then, best to put the effort in where it will do the most good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People can suck. Grrr... Not you, my dear. ~hugs~ Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...