Monday, October 10, 2022

Easy Round Up for Todays' Five Spay Neuter Appointments

 Thankfully I did indeed have an easy round up for today's spay neuter spots.

All five cats are from Sweet Home.  Four of them are from the RV park just past Sweet Home by the reservoir.

The reservoir, by the way, is very very low.   We've only had a quarter to half inch of rain this month, which is not why the reservoir is low.  They lower it every year, usually by mid September its unusable for most recreation and kind of icky.

The weekend brought us low 80's.   I've been doing yardwork, trying to level the cat yard and put those 12"x12" stones in the ground, so as to raise its level a little and keep the standing water, in the winter, at a minimum.  The ground is hard as concrete so its not easy work and wears me out.

Also I'm using the boards the now gone neighbors gave me, when they moved, to finish the sides of the cat structure I've been working on two years now, but never seem to get anywhere on it.

All the cat yard structures are nearly 15 years old and most were built originally with scrounged used materials.  Most need replaced by now.

Wish I'd done all that when I was maybe ten years younger.

Sunday about 4:00 p.m. I headed to the RV park.  Takes me about 45 minutes drive time to get there.  The cats targeted for today are all tame, but outside mostly.  This is a park for tiny camp trailers and campers on blocks, nobody has much money there, of course.   I was happy to see the wild ones with ear tips from two years ago, when I was there.  Or was it three, might have been three, I don't know anymore.

Sadly, the two adult tame females one resident has, have new litters each.  One litter three weeks old, another four.   Oh gosh.  Mostly the ones I rounded up for today were from the females first litters.  I also got a tame stray from another part of Sweet Home that badly needs fixed so she can have a home.

Here's Lucy, the stray.  She didn't like being around the RV park cats, in my car, on the drive up.


These four, from the RV park, all very nice cats.   I saw Turbinator, who was fixed last week, running around with a group of little kids, like he was one of them.  He's so cute and has a ball there, with all the kids.  

Baby.   They said Baby is a girl, but looks a little bit like a boy nose.

Gracie

Theo is really beautiful

They call him Greyskull, but he's not so tough.  He's sweet I think.

So there are three more grown cats needing fixed, that I know of, but I need to use the drop trap to catch them.  Then there's a kitten someone has, just big enough to be fixed, maybe three months.  And also the two adult females with the litters.  They can't be fixed til their kittens are older.  

Anyhow, life goes on.  Last night, after a long day of yardwork, then the trip up there to Foster, I had just settled in to read a book and BOOM!   The boom was very loud and startling and just miliseconds before the big BOOM, the power went out.    It was out when I went to bed but on when I got up this morning.  Second power outage in a week here.  No big deal for me.



4 comments:

  1. Hooray for easy round ups. I do wish that there were more of them.
    We very rarely have power outages. And it is an inconvenience - and a reminder of just how much we depend on power - when we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an easy roundup. Although, I'm sure seeing the new litters didn't help your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have been busy. Thanks for all of the hard work you do for cats in the community and the ones at your home that you've rescued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree one hundred percent with L&L. Be well!

      Delete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...