Friday, August 19, 2022

No Float Today

 Big exciting plans today to float a section of the river.

Plans fell through, but oh well.  It's cloudy today anyhow.  You have to have two cars involved in floating the river.  Or a drop off pick you up driver.   

I went with a friend a couple days ago to a swimming hole, newly remodeled into a small county park.  I really love it there.  I hadn't been there in a few years.   The last time I was there, the county parks people with some others were milling around and told me then they planned to make it into a little park.  It was just a pullout then.   I told them THANK YOU!  

They did a good job.  Made a regular parking lot, added an outhouse and stairs now, down to the swimming hole.  Before, you had to kind of slip slide down a gravel, rock, dirt trail to the water.

Anyhow, I sure enjoyed that afternoon.

Yesterday, the humidity seemed to me to be rather extreme.  Cloud cover.  Heat.  And the humidity.  I waited most of the day out inside.   May not get much done today either.

Comet, my oldest boy, the 19 year old, is still around.  He still eats and drinks and even has gained a bit of weight lately.  I've added B vitamins to his daily regime.  I have three very very old boys on the brink.  They all get daily regimes of this and that.   And follow me around like dogs, whereas they were all semi feral prior to their old age issues.

Two of them seem to be a bit senile.

None of them will be with me much longer.  Except I think I said that several months ago too.


Fantasia, above, well she's not young either and still her obsessive possessive self.  Some things never change.  She has this love hate thing going with Slinko.  Always has.  Often she and he sleep together, other times they're sparring and hissing at one another.  

Well, here's Peeman Sam.  He's almost 16 now.  Two years ago, one eye changed color, to a dark yellow, from light green.  He may have had a stroke.  But he's still going strong, mostly, sleeps more than he used to, still goes on his tears, racing about.


Kinda like me.  Same old, but older.  Set in my ways, still go on wild tears, but I sleep more and have days the moaning and groaning  is a bit much, irritates even me, don't know how my cats stand me sometimes.


6 comments:

  1. The joys of getting older--a privilege denied to many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sure true, for both myself and the cats.

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you got your day at the pool - and enjoy your old boys (and girl) while you have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't stay long at the swimming hole, only went in once, maybe an hour total, but it was pleasant. I am loving my old boys and girls. How's Jazz?

      Delete
  3. Glad you got out to the swimming hole. Hopefully, you can go again before the weather gets colder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It been years since I float down any water way.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Back to 7-11

 I already have 3 cats here, waiting for placement from 7-11, with Silverton Cat Rescue barn cat program. The two girls--Eleven and Petunia,...