Thursday, September 17, 2026

Unexpectedly Home

 I was going to go to Waldo lake today.

Last night, after I returned from Marys Peak, weather report said 80 up there today.  But this morning I checked again before leaving and it said cloudy with thunderstorms.  I don't go to lakes when there are thunderstorm threats.  Gas is expensive to drive two hours up there and to have lightning flashing off, when I'm out on a lake--nope! 

So I'm home and mindlessly scrolling funny videos.  My brain is slow and not even awake today.  The load of cat tragedies and huge numbers of calls about cats needing spay neuter has weighted me down.  Funny videos and some isolation from it all help quite a lot.  Dead brain days, I call days like these.  

Here's my drive home last night.  The coast highway to Waldport has a stretch of extreme curves.  I had my phone up in dashcam position for the curvy section when I came back from Marys Peak cat hunt.  I added soundtrack from imovie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpectedly Home

 I was going to go to Waldo lake today. Last night, after I returned from Marys Peak, weather report said 80 up there today.  But this morni...