Sunday, July 03, 2022

Rain

 Woke up to raindrops this morning.  Not heavy rain.  Nothing like is going on down in Sydney, for instance.

We're supposed to one day be getting summered, however, before winter sets in again.  You know, our nine months of dreary moisture laden gray.

We may get back up to 80 on Thursday, the news said last night, but until then---blah blah blah and more blah.

Old Comet is still hanging in there, which is very surprising to me.   It's the end of his days, not mine, and I have to respect him, in his final hours alive, let him live as he wishes and give up when he wishes.  He hasn't given up.  He's still eating and drinking and laying in the window and against me, as much as he can.

I'd hate to take him to the vet to end his days, as its so traumatic on the former ferals.  He's only been touched by me and mostly hasn't let me either, since Miss Daisy died.  He adored her and would sleep on the bed with her and she was always next to my face on the bed.  After she died, he didn't come on my bed anymore, until about a year ago.   He'd come up for awhile, at night, want briefly petted then leave.  But the last two weeks he's wanted to be near me.



Comet has been with me the longest of any cat here.  He moved here with me, from the Corvallis shack, in fact.   I've lived here now 15 1/2 years.

Mooki, Comet's buddy, is also old and has had a soft cyst above his left eye for years.  I took him to the coast clinic for a dental and removal of that cyst but the vet said to leave the cyst, it would just grow back.  It's never bothered him and is only unsightly to anyone who is, you know, that way--into looks.

Mooki and his cosmetic challenge
 
HCC isn't completely useless, I should say, after my last post.  We paid for a Sweet Home cat to be fixed a couple days ago and will pay for her kittens to be fixed soon.   They were rescued by a former KATA foster lady and her daughter.  KATA is no more, but you can't take the love of helping cats out of a lot of really great people and of course we're going to help them, when they take in a cat in trouble, if possible.

We are also currently sending cat food via chewy to a veteran in Portland with PTSD, who cares for a lot of cats.   Apparently there were no other resources out there to help him routinely with food, so HCC is doing that also, along with cat food support in the valley where possible.

There have been more horror stories in the news.  Fifty some folks trying to get into the US, for all sorts of reasons, hoping for better lives, died crammed into a way too hot semi truck in Mexico that barely made it across the border before being found with mostly dead bodies inside.   I cannot fathom the horror.  Two human traffickers have been arrested so far.   

An abused ten year old girl had to be taken out of Ohio, who has banned abortion, to another state to have it done.  That is just plain a crime committed by the State of Ohio, against a child.  A living child.

Happy Day before the Fourth of July.   Fire danger, from idiots with firecrackers, won't be as high this year thanks to the rain.  The idiots may find a way, however.   

6 comments:

  1. Sydney is less than two hundred miles from me. They have torrential and dangerous rain. We have grey skies.
    Thank you for letting Comet call the shots.
    Condemning a ten year old to give birth? That is a huge crime in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you're not having the torrential rains there. the photos are dreadful out of Sydney.

      Delete
  2. May Old Comet find peace when he's ready. I hope you get some summer soon. I know you had a bit, but I hope you get more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we had almost a week of good weather earlier.

      Delete
  3. Many blessing for comet.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...