Wednesday, June 29, 2022

R.I.P. Fluffy Butt

 When the neighbors moved in behind me, after the house flippers finally left, about five years ago, four cats began showing up in my yard.

Turns out they all belonged to the new neighbors.  A calico, a long hair orange tux (Gigi, a.k.a. Butters), a black and white boy, who was fixed, and Fluffy Butt who was not fixed.

Their black and white boy disappeared at least a year ago and was likely hit by a car.   They still have their calico, old now.  And Butters, Gigi to me, mainly hangs out in my yard and garage.   Fluffy Butt, the Siamese, whom I finally took to be fixed with their permission, died yesterday I think, not sure the day.  She told me today that he was hit by a car late at night.  He was still alive when found by a neighbor who called the police and the police knocked on their door to find out if he was theirs.   He was terribly injured however and the emergency vet recommended euthanasia.

So long Fluffers.  He often visited here and came in the garage.  But once neutered he'd stayed home way more than Gigi does.  She doesn't want to go home.   They said she had a nervous breakdown when their dog died.  She'd loved their dog.

I remember once I drove to 7-11 and when I came out to get in my car, was shocked to see Fluffy Butt on the drivers seat like nothing out of the ordinary.  What are you doing in my car, buddy?   He was probably sleeping in it, when I went out, got in and drove off to the store.

Fluffy Butt in my car at 7-11

Wishful thinker.  He was no good at hunting but very good at watchiing and hoping.

He turned into a nice cat once fixed.   

So long Fluffy Butt.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    He was such a pretty boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Fluffy Butt. What a beautiful cat he was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that surprise when you opened your car door. :) But I'm so angry at idiots letting their cats out when they know (!) the danger. Stay safe and sane, my dear. And RIP FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The street out front of their house is a nightmare, death to anything who tries to cross it. 25 mph speed limit but cars routinely drive 45 to 50 or even race.

      Delete
  4. So long FB. I am glad that you were helped to leave when it became obvious that there was no recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They took him to the emergency clinic in Corvallis, since it was late at night. Poor FB. I saw only two cats in my garage via cam last night--Gigi and the flamepoint with the collar and ear tip.

      Delete
  5. I like that "wishful thinker"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, me too and I do my share of wishful thinking.

      Delete
  6. Rest in peace Fluffy Butt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anything dead has a choice but to rest in peace since they're dead and know nothing.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry. How very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gigi is affected. She is their cat too but mostly lives in my garage I think. For two days she's stress peed and purred. Poor baby.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...