Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Heat was Brief

 Our summer heat was brief.     It began the 21st and ended two days ago, when temps abruptly dropped over 20 degrees and now its 60's to mid 70's, the latter temps only being reached if the morning thick marine layer burns off.  Yesterday it burned off maybe about 3:30 p.m. Don't know when it could leave today.

A few showers are in the forecast for Sunday through Tuesday and maybe some on into next week.

Forecasts change though.  Maybe ours will change for the better.

Gloomy and clouded over again this morning.  That's Muffy peeking at me from the cat yard.


The crows and jays like that split top fir on the corner.


Gigi, the neighbor cat, naps too much in my garage and eats too much maybe.

That's Smudge staring at the camera.  Buffy is in her favorite carrier bed and Jenny is atop the window outlook, far right.


Smolder is going in for a dental end of month.  Can you tell why?   

That left lower canine is almost horizontal now.   I've tried pulling it out myself but cannot get a good grip.



Old Comet, who moved here with me so long ago, cannot keep himself hydrated now, so is not long for this world.  I'm giving him sub cu fluids.



I'm not doing anything the fourth as usual.   The glum overcast weather isn't much incentive.
Meadow, from Cascadia


10 comments:

  1. Looks like the cats are adapting to the weather--whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making Comet's final days as comfortable as you can.
    Hopefully Smoulder will feel better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now your mid-70s weather sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it super hot there where you are?

      Delete
  4. Too hot or too cool. It's like you can't find a good medium. Maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok if the marine layer vanishes, in the late afternoon, about right, you know, like 74, but it comes kind of late in the day, takes that long for the cloud cover to be pushed aside I guess.

      Delete
  5. You provide such a beautiful environment. I go all 'fan girl' when I see your precious residents and know what you do for them. And... now I'm crying over Comet. Or maybe there's something in my eyes... Yeah... that's it. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comet seems like just permanent here and should never die. He's been with me since before I even came here. Seems so wrong that he's grown so old.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...