Sunday, June 26, 2022

Hot

 



We had a two day sort of heat wave.   Yesterday and today.

Yesterday was low 90's.  Today here, same.  But Portland got to 100 today.

Tomorrow and rest of week back in low 80's high 70's. I think is the weather plan.  Don't ask me.  I rarely watch TV anymore, especially not the news and the weather apps seem all quite different.

I still watch some cooking shows, both how to's and competitions.

The how to's are usually reruns on odd channels.  My antenna once again decided to not pick up the major networks except for two (Fox Portland and NBC out of Portland)  and switch around the odd channels I get.  I liked Bounce.   That channel showed old movies in the evenings.  Now its switched to some garbage channel called Circle or something that has nothing good to watch on it.

I like Crime Scene Kitchen, for some reason.   The contestants have to enter the kitchen, are given a small amount of time to go through it, and figure out from clues left behind what it was that was baked in the kitchen and then they have so much time to reproduce what they think was made there.  

I love the Great English Bakeoff competition show.

Other than that I haven't found any other shows, that are on channels that come in, to watch lately.  By and large I hate the dance competition shows, and I despise the Talent shows, none of those interest me whatsoever.  Sports events don't interest me at all either.  Ball games being played by men getting way too much money for playing games.  The most boring sports shows of all--NASCAR races.  OMG who in the world wants to watch a bunch of loud cars zoom around a track over and over and over again.   Golf! --better than a sleeping pill.  Tennis----yuk!  The grunting is especially annoying.  You get my drift...

I know I know Eugene is hosting some huge track and field event in July that's supposed to draw thousands upon thousands from all over the world, to both compete and watch.  And I won't be watching a second of it and probably will only get annoyed at the unbelievable increase in traffic and people it will temporarily cause in the valley.

So its slim pickings in the TV department for me.

I spent most of the day out in my kiddie pool acting like hot Oregonian in a kiddie pool.  I don't think there's a standard for that.

It's already 6:00 p.m. and down to a cool 93.  Time to return to the pool and splash around a little more.




15 comments:

  1. Happy splashing.
    We agree with you about the Great English Bake Off. It is fun to watch. And goodness how the competitors can cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:40 AM

    Your pool looks pretty cool. Not a pun. It's larger than I thought. The stars are cute.
    There was a time when tennis players didn't grunt. How was grunting ever allowed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, about tennis players? I think the pool is pretty, with the stars.

      Delete
  3. Have you considered what TV shows and movies your local library has to offer? Most libraries have offerings in both DVD and some streaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, haven't gone to the library in lots of years. Can't bring things home from library, cats pee on them. No DVD player besides.

      Delete
    2. Might they have things available to download?

      Delete
    3. It's not a big deal I should have mentioned. I still have loads of books from getting $5 bags of books at the Hammond library when taking cats over to the coast clinic. I often read two to three books a week, if I have enough.

      Delete
  4. It's not fun when it gets hot. I'm not into sports either. Have you considered streaming TV? There are some great selections out there, and some of the streaming services have free channels. It might be more of something you might like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Roku and do stream a lot. They have a great selection of free channels and movies. I can't complain. I'm sometimes too lazy to try to find something on Roku and want to just use whats on the major networks. I don't watch much of anything anymore, but tomorrow night is Crime Scene Kitchen and I do like it.

      Delete
  5. It was plenty of hot in Medford...
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last weekend was our hottest of the year so far, so Medford usually is warmer than here.

      Delete
  6. the pool looks great! hope the weather gets better and wishing you a beautiful week ahead

    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your self portrait! :D One of our favorite watches is 'Tasting History with Max Miller'. He's on Youtube and his amusing presentation always provides happiness and knowledge. I hope you can perhaps check out his videos. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check him out! Thank you.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...