Sunday, May 22, 2022

This and That

 Yesterday it was about 70 degrees here so everyone was out to enjoy it.

I went early to the grocery store.  The guy who feeds so many colonies had tried to call twice the evening before but never saw because I turn off my phone most of the time now.  

But I got him cat food at the store thinking that was the reason he'd called because it usually is.  Then I called him from the parking lot thinking he'd pick up and come get it but he didn't.

Later on, late last night, I saw that someone had found a dying orange long hair cat near the gas station where one of his colonies is at, that I'd been fixing.  I knew it was the young male most likely that I hadn't caught yet.  I messaged the woman who'd posted.  She'd offered photos if someone thought it was their cat.  I told her the circumstance and she sent me the photo and yeah its probably him.  I can cross him off the list of ones needing fixed.  For some reason the colony cats are often out in the middle of the highway in the night.   Or cross it.   I bet someone feeds them on the other side, too.  Many have been hit on the highway.

Deceased now.  Never caught him to be fixed.

I guess maybe the reason the colony feeder man had tried to call me was because of the boy being hit.

The block was alive in parties last night.  There was one just around the corner and one at the usual place, down at the end.  They clogged the street in cars, who parked anywhere a place could be found. In front of my place was no exception.  The only one I didn't like parking there was that big huge noisy stinky diesel pickup.  I hate that truck.  Its noise and stench are awful and also the fact the guy sometimes idles it there for long periods right outside my bedroom.   

I went to my friends memorial get together yesterday evening.   She died last November.  They were already eating when I got to her old place.  I really didn't know anyone, except her adult kids and I haven't seen them in forever.   Everyone was nice and there was barely a mention of the deceased.   The neighbor man had a stroke about the same time my friend did and has been in assisted living ever since.  But his dog is still at his trailer living under it.   He won't give permission to find her a home, I guess, because he thinks he'll be coming home.  Nice dog, looks like, but getting spooky.  My dead friend's husband feeds her.

All day yesterday I tried to do something with the black plastic pond I'd been given for free.  I meant to turn it upside down in the cat yard, hoist it up under the cat yard wire and give another spot to the cats free of rain and sun this summer.  I couldn't get that thing hoisted for the life of me.  It's too long and wide and slippery.  It's very light weight but its a two person job to hoist it up and then add the prop ups I made to fit its shape.   I got hot and tired trying over and over to do.  Got it on my back at one point and was trying to balance it on my head with my arms up holding the narrowest area sides, and ending up on the ground with it over me.  Lol.  Yeah, what a hoot.  I just left it there then and texted the woman who cut the tree stump.  She's a tough one, a farmer, and said she'd come Monday to help.

I think its supposed to be nice today again, maybe a little warmer, maybe up to 74.   The reservoir is up to 629.47 feet this morning.    Full pool is about 637 to 639 so it'll be there soon.  I get so excited I can barely function over it.

My world is quite small.  When I think about it, most people I know don't go that far from home.   Is it just the people I run into or is that the way it is mostly, I wonder sometimes.  I see people online that go to the coast for a few days quite frequently, but that's about the only info I get on whether people go places away from home or not.  I don't have much contact with people to know what people do or where they go or if they go.

I rarely even leave home now with gas prices so high.  I want to save up for gas so I can go to the lake this summer.   I don't really want to run up a credit card to fill the tank so I can go but I will if I have to.  I might not even be alive by next summer so its time to do things I enjoy doing and going to the lake is about all I can afford.    

9 comments:

  1. A big hooray for the reservoir filling. I know how much it means to you.
    And I am very glad that you are going to get some assistance with that pesky plastic.
    That poor young ginger cat. Sadly an all too common fate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that darn plastic pond escapade was probably funny if watched by someone from the outside. Yes, poor little guy hit on the highway.

      Delete
  2. I don't much go far from home, either. But I'm a homebody anyway. I know of people who like to go places and visit friends from far afield. I guess it just depends on what you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it here at home too, just want to get out when its nice. Otherwise I'm content at home.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Cats might like the warmth of the road tarmac.
    I'm thinking someone should have been there to film your failed attempt to get the pond up.
    Yes, make an effort to visit the lake and take some pleasure from life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be it, Andrew. I also wonder if someone is feeding them other side of the highway somewhere. He wasn't fixed and is about 9 months to a year old, so starting to feel those urges, which may have played a part. The pond adventure would have been video worthy. It had to be comical if seen from outside.

      Delete
  4. My life is pretty much work and home. Gas is killing me. I like to go down to Medford to see my son. I have enough miles for one of us to fly. But really can't afford to pay the other ticket for hubby. My son said he would give us there miles. But I feel funny about excepting that many miles. I'm talking air miles.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gas is bad. News said airline fares way up too. Wish you both could go.

      Delete
  5. A post filled with highs and lows from the sad news about the cat to the pond adventure. Here's hoping for good weather and a full reservoir soon.

    ReplyDelete

Back to 7-11

 I already have 3 cats here, waiting for placement from 7-11, with Silverton Cat Rescue barn cat program. The two girls--Eleven and Petunia,...