Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Wild and Wet

 The rain came down yesterday in sheets.   Travel to the clinic yesterday morning was down right interesting, with the slashing blinding torrential rain and mists thrown up by every tire on every car.

But, made it up there with three kittens I had in the car---Sunshine, from the Three Lakes barn and then Crawdad and Beetle from the wrecking yard colony.  Crawdad turned out to be a little girl, just barely over two pounds while Beetle is a boy.  Both are now in foster hands.  Crawdad is with a Salem rescuer and Beetle is with the woman who was going to hold him overnight and return him.  Instead, she's trying to find someone who wants him.  Be nice, if it happens.  Beetle is over a pound heavier than Crawdad.  

The barn folk came to retrieve Sunshine, and his brother Peewee, who'd been in my bathroom since last Thursday.

I had to go trap five then for today's appointments.  The five I wanted to get for today were all fed the same place and there are only five they feed.  The homeowner is mostly blind, so someone I knew already has been helping him out and feeding the cats.  She and her husband contacted me about getting them fixed.  Yesterday was D day.  Trap em all, I hoped.

They went into traps one by one by one.   Sushi, the pretty Siamese, unknown sex, who seems always starved, went in first.   Then it was Bliss, the mom of one surviving kitten from her latest litter.   After her, I caught Studley, the red tabby and finally Big Balls, the kittens' dad.  The kitten was the hold out but finally went into the trap late afternoon, long after I'd left the scene.  But I left traps set.

All of them are up being fixed right now.

I'll be interested to find out if Sushi is a boy or a girl and if already fixed or not.  The people who feed don't know where any of them came from, except of course Babalou, that little boy kitten, who is precious.

I trapped over 30 cats a few years ago, across the street and down a bit.  I had no desire to go over there to nose around.  Drug folk relatives live there and the whole street is kind of that way a little bit.

Babalou, the little boy kitten

Big Balls, Babalou's dad

Bliss, Babalou's mom

Studley, who is very very large

Sushi!

Today I'm just catching up on cleaning and all that.  It's rainy again, but not like yesterday.   

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it through the rains to make the appointments. Even if you are driving well in the rain, it seems there are many others who aren't making it dangerous for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's what I worry about. I try to stay as far from other cars as I can. When and if I go on another long trip, I'll do the night driving. Far safer.

      Delete
  2. Well done.
    We have rain forecast - but so far it is conspicuous by its absence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you having a wet spring?

      Delete
    2. Very wet. And a wet summer is forecast too. So far the predictions are holding up.

      Delete
  3. What accomplishments! Stay safe, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we got rain for several days in Louisiana....

    you have done such a great job....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you know who a cat’s father is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never do for sure. Big fat guess on Babalou's dad being Big Balls, since they look so much alike.

      Delete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...