Thursday, December 09, 2021

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

 What a day.

Here's the good and it outweighs the bad I think:  8 cats are here and ready to be fixed tomorrow.   Seven of them are from the 30 cat Lebanon colony.  That means 8 there will be fixed now.  The 8th waiting for tomorrow is an Albany boy.

The bad news?  Slinko started crying out when he bites down to eat.   I hope its a bad tooth and not a jaw or mouth cancer problem.  He's not young anymore.  You get old, things happen.   I have not been able to ring up my vet clinic to try for an appointment.  Phone is always busy when I try.  I've tried for a few days now and will again tomorrow.

The ugly?  Oh gosh.  A Sweet Home woman pretty much begged me to take in a cat she has, that has had many litters, she said, and she'd have to "find it somewhere else to live" if she wasn't fixed.  I rearrange things to get it done tomorrow.  But guess what?  I confirm the time with her last night, drive all the way to Sweet Home to pick her up at the appointed time and she doesn't even answer the door.   Nice, eh?  But not surprising actually.  I had my suspicions about her.

Before that I tried to find the owners of Fritter, the buff long hair male in my yard so much.  Lately he's not looking good and fighting in terrible brawls with the siamese from the house behind me. FluffyButt the Siamese is fixed because I took him to be fixed.  Fritter is allegedly fixed.  I've never been able to touch him to confirm that and with his long hair, I can't see to confirm.   The source of that info is unreliable, for sure, and although renters, where he is "owned" are supposed to have their cats fixed, I"m sure many don't actually do that.    

I know he's owned there because a lady who walks down this block and lives at the apartments told me his owners never let him in.  And she told me his name at that time.   She was mad at them then because the poor cat was sleeping in a pickup bed nights.  But now, when I posted about his plight, getting beat up in fights he picks but isn't good at fighting, when he has owners, and can't they please keep him in, at least nights, and take care of him, she was the one making comments, allegedly for the owners.   Oh how loving and wonderful they were and how loved Fritter is but its he, the cat, who chose to never come home again but they want him home.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  She finally commented that his owners said it would be fine if someone (like me) trapped him and took him to the country.  WTF!!!   is wrong with people.  NO, I am not going to abuse the cat you have abandoned and left to fend on his own, you fucks.  I nearly blew a cork to see such a reply.  I was hoping for some owner responsibility and compassion for their own cat.   Got nothing like that.   

I had found his hair all over the sidewalk down a couple houses a few days ago.  Then yesterday morning I think it was, I broke up a big brawl between him and Fluffy Butt again, in my back yard.  Fritter is not a good fighter and was taking a terrible beating.   After Fluffy Butt ran home, I saw that Fritter was gasping horribly, then he was trying to swallow over and over.  Then he ran off too.   He was in my garage last night having it out with Gigi, the other cat from the neighbors behind me.  But he wouldn't move and was right below the step out into the garage and turned to glare and growl at me when I tried to intercede.  Finally he lunged at my leg.  I just sidestepped him and opened the garage door and he ran outside.  That's the last I"ve seen of him.

So I posted, angry at his pukey owners for not taking care of him and dumping him out to try to survive and that produces issues in cats, like it does everybody.   I don't know if he will survive the results of that last fight though.  Maybe he got it in the neck to make him gasp and all like he did.   He doesn't let me touch him and I am not sure what to do but for now I can't do anything because he's MIA.  And the owners don't want him and don't care how much he may be suffering.  

This is from another face off then fight between Fluffy Butt and Fritter months ago.  

I had a good cry at the park on the way back from Sweet HOme.  I was empty handed--without the cat I'd rearranged everything to get fixed for that woman.  I cried too over Fritter and over that woman telling me she'd have her cat ready at noon, and wasn't even out of bed and may not even have a cat according to the half dressed brain fried guy who came to the door after ten minutes of knocking.   I cried for the cat, in case she did have one that won't ever be fixed now and I cried for me, being jerked around like that and my time and gas money wasted, and all the other lousy things going on around here lately like the piss ass who dumped a mom and kittens in the park, too.

Well, I need to focus on the good and the good thing is I have 8 cats ready to be fixed tomorrow.  After I take them in, I'll start calling my vet clinic again, to get Slinko an appointment.  Meantime, he will get slurry to eat.

7 comments:

  1. I am very, very glad of the good - because your bad and ugly hurts my head and my heart. Good luck with Slinko. I hope it is as simple (and easily fixed) as a tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 PM

    I try and transfer what you describe about people to here and you might find the odd uncaring person of their 'pets' or anyone trying to help them, but gee it would be rare. Maybe I don't know about the real world here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what is wrong here Andrew. Certainly drug abuse is a huge problem and causes a lot of animal neglect, abuse, abandonment and poverty. Same with alcohol. But its almost a generational learned apathy or something else like it. When I read of your civilized life among civilized people there, who seem also to be educated, I think that indeed you are on the other side of the world in other ways than geography.

      Delete
    2. Also, there seems not to much respect for life here. I don't know why.

      Delete
  3. Goddamn, Strayer! What a bunch of callous, lying, inconsiderate dumbass fuck-ups you have to put up with (I can see why a lot of animal rescue folks get to be really down on people--I know it worked that way for me when I was having to kill dogs for my local humane society). When I hear of the misdeeds of people like the ones you're talking about, I say to myself, "They're probably Trumpers."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying this, Snow, makes me feel better.

      Delete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...