Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Not Much to the Cyclone Bomb

 Sunday's bomb cyclone didn't leave a lot to talk about.  Not here in Oregon.

I guess California got a lot of rain and wind.   But where I live, it wasn't much more than a periodically gusty day, with here and there rain showers.



The leaf fall in the video above is at the park on Sunday.  The frisbee golfers were still out in force tossing frisbees at baskets and the corrections people were leaf blowing too.   

Yesterday I took three more cats from the quarry camp to be fixed.  Vivian from Silverton brought them back down here afterwards, which was very nice.   I spent the day catching up on cleaning, sleeping and basically doing very little.

My brother and his wife left for El Salvador again.  They went a lot before the pandemic.  He consults about construction projects for his church.   This is the first time they've gone since before the pandemic.  

One of the three kittens from the quarry (all were fixed Friday) went to a foster in Brooks who will find her a home, once tame enough, through either Salem Friends, she says, or Pixie in Portland.   I'd gotten her pretty tame in the couple days she was here.  Same with the other two.  The girl still here is tame already, and the boy almost so.  They're benign feral (non aggressive non defensive when touched) so I can easily scoop them up to cuddle and already they like it.  I'll get some photos of the two left here and add them later.

I went up to the Quarry Sunday, Bomb Cyclone day, to pick up Buddy.  Also known as Mr. Mom, the brown tabby male who lets the kittens nurse on him.   He too was fixed yesterday, along with his sister, Tabitha, and Coal, the black male.

Buddy, he's hiding from me


And a couple of my cats....to end with.

Mooki probably won't be around too much longer.  He's just really old.  But right now, he's going strong, outside of a little wobble now and then.  He still has that large cyst now drooping a little over his left eye.  The vet advised leaving it be, said it would just come back.

LT, on the right, is watching birds.  Muffy, on left, is just chillin'.



8 comments:

  1. It sounds as if the Cyclone Bomb hit Berkley where my nephew lives pretty hard. I am glad you escaped.
    As always, thanks for the work you do - and I am glad that you got a bit of a rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CA got it bad. I heard Berkley was hit very hard.

      Delete
  2. I haven't yet heard anything about southern part Oregon.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a couple of windy, rainy days here recently that may have been part of the same system that was in the west. Luckily, there hasn't been any major damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good there's been no damage. There wasn't damage here either.

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy photos of your rescues and family. :) Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes I wish I had a human family of some sort, but the cats are probably a lot nicer than a human family would be, right?

      Delete
    2. Humans can be a burden, family or otherwise. ~nods~ I should appreciate at least some of them more than I do. ;) Best wishes on connecting with people who appreciate you, my dear. I believe we both have more of them out there than we realize. :)

      Delete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...