Sunday, October 24, 2021

Bomb Cyclone

 Today is Bomb Cyclone weather day.  The storm is supposed to affect the coast more than the valley.   Record low barometric pressures are associated with the storm, down in the 942 range, I heard, which is really really low.  The storm is north and off the coast and traveling parallel to the coast towards Vancouver Island, I've also heard.

It could, we are told, spawn thunderstorms and even tornados and quarter size hail.  The wind gust speeds predicted are not very impressive, compared to normal winter storms here, however.

I imagine lots of folks are headed to the coast to storm watch.  Kinda wish I was one of them.  That's what we do here.  

I returned Pepe, the long hair black female, and Dude, the short hair black male, up to the homeless camp in the quarry yesterday.  They had two more ready for me---Tabitha and Coal.  Tabitha was born in Waterloo to their Siamese mom and got loose in the park when they were living there for awhile.   But they finally found her again and she will be fixed tomorrow.  

Tabitha


They ran off Coal, they thought, for fathering too many kittens.  He too is an offspring of their Siamese mom cat.  But he's obviously still around, now minus one eye, and sitting in my garage.  Coal will be fixed Monday.  

Coal, the big male, with the bad eye


So will Buddy, their other male, if they get him contained today. Siamese mom, who has produced all these cats, can't be fixed until her latest litter of two is a little older.

I still have the kittens from up there in the bathroom.  One, at least, will go into foster for adoption.   I'm trying to find a couple more "volunteers" to take on the other two.  

Little Dude, the only boy, isn't that wild

Wipeout, the full of character little long hair girl, is the one who has a foster.

This is Whoopie, the other girl.

I got to get myself together.  First I have to drive Wipeout clear up to Brooks, north of Salem.  Then I have to go clear to Sweet Home, to get Buddy.  I'm not feeling like doing anything, to be honest.  

8 comments:

  1. I really, really hope that you can get some necessary rest. Soon. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing rest of day!! just watching the wind outside, which isn't very thrilling.

      Delete
  2. I text my son down in Medford, to see if any part storm came to them. Haven't heard yet. It been raining most of the day.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't much here, just a bit of gusty wind now and again. But nothing more.

      Delete
  3. I saw on TV about the bomb cyclone and wondered how it affected you. Glad you didn't have any problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing too bad here, just some gusts.

      Delete
  4. So many kitties blessed by your kindness is a wondrous thing. ~hugs~ Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love black cats 🐈‍⬛ ❤️

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...