Sunday, August 08, 2021

Really? More Heat?

 

REALLY!  Not again.


That's the forecast for next week.  These heat forecasts change often and vary greatly.

So, who knows what the week will be like.  Another heat wave.  Yawn.   The whole summer has been a heat wave, give or take a few degrees.

I continue to cook on the fold up Sterno stove.  I ran out of Sterno yesterday.  I bought a couple cans at Bimart this morning.  That store is quite expensive.  For two cans of canned heat--$8.49.   Oh well, it is what it is.  I made a few more delicious dinners that required an open skillet.  Worth it!!!


I have four spay neuter reservations next Friday.  If its as hot as expected, I expect the clinic may cancel.  I would not blame them either.


9 comments:

  1. Sigh on the heat wave. In those temperatures I do as little cooking as possible, living on salads and fresh fruit.
    I hope the clinic doesn't close in the heat, but would understand it if they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, heat doesn't really make one hungry.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:49 PM

    I had no idea what Sterno is. I know now. I wonder if it is used here. Way too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know! Sterno has been part of my life forever, from living in a shack in Alaska, to various backpacking and camping stints, to just making coffee while on a road trip to the coast.

      Delete
  3. Your resilianse is admirable. I do wish you hadn't learned through the school of 'hard knocks'. ~hugs~ Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to have weekend break from the heat. I heard by Friday we will be in upper 90's
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Thursday and Friday are supposed to be the hottest here, although the forecasts vary wildly, as usual.

      Delete
  5. The only consolation I see to your weather forecast is that it looks like it cools off at night. I assume that is what the 60's are in the small print. From living in areas with hot days and both cooler and warmer nights, I found that cooling off at night helped.

    Stay cool the best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "So, who knows what the week will be like."

    I try to use the forecasts to make my own forecast. For example, during the yearly summer long drought, if a high chance of rain is predicted several days in advance, the chance of rain will be reduced everyday after that, and no rain will fall. If heat is predicted several days in advance, the predicted high will probably--not always, but probably--increase everyday after that. Weather forecasts are at their most accurate when everyone knows what will happen without knowing the forecast.

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days Behind a 7-11

 I spent five or six hours Saturday night behind the 7-11 again, after unfixed cats there. Woohoo, what an exciting life I live.  Wow.  I be...