Tuesday, August 10, 2021

This and That

 

The overgrown side yard, blackberries and butterfly bush ,fence and neighbors' arborvita.


The latest heat wave officially begins today I believe.  Not that I keep up these days.

It's only to be mid 90's today.  

Here in Oregon the corona virus delta variant is very popular.   In reverse I guess.  It likes us, especially our unvaccinated hordes, who still get all mouthy about vaccinations.   Which makes me not care much at all when they get sick with delta variant and end up in ICU and posting videos on how shockingly sick they are with a virus they previously did not really believe existed.  Yawn.   I don't care.

Its really time the idiots and uneducated just got unheard.

Another power glitch just happened.  Everything blinks off for a few seconds, then back on.  These used to be common here.  They replaced some underground electric lines a couple years back in the area and thought that would solve it.  But the blip outs are back this summer.

I keep watching the neighbors back yard through the back fence.  No, I'm not stalking them I just haven't heard them for weeks and wonder if they just took off.  I think about it because they never asked me to care for their cats, if they took off for a vacation and Gigi, Butters to them, one of their cats, is living in the garage off and on.  I haven't seen their other three for awhile.  

I think what if they took off for good and the cats are trapped in that house with nobody caring for them.    They're very loud people, usually, especially when outside, and there's been no yelling of adults or squeeling and screaming of kids.  So I keep peeking back there, to check for signs of life---either the people or their other cats.

I think this is one of the surviving nestlings


I haven't seen much of the apartment complex boy Fritter either.   See after that guy at the end died suddenly, the company who rented the house to him moved in to do all these upgrades to the place, enough to make us think they're now planning to sell it.  Why not sell it off?  A  house built 40 years ago, now probably is worth half a million dollars.  It really isn't worth that, but people think it is and war bid over it. So a company holding onto properties they've rented til now, makes sense they'd sell a few when the price they can sell it for will never be much higher than right now and people couldn't get much stupider than right now either to pay that kind of money for a forty year old house.  The neighbors next to me said how much better off the block would be if the house is sold instead of rented.  This is a familiar song sung on the block by the snobby homeowners society.  Hey, I'm a renter.  They know I'm a renter and I guess say such things directly to my face to hurt my feelings.   

Fritter came through from the apartment complex right there, beside that house, so I hope he's ok.

The other house that sold for almost half million, two houses from this place, is now occupied by college students or student whose parents bought it for them.  Nice parents, to give them that kind of ease for college years.  

Trying to prepare my cats for the next few days of heat near or over 100 degrees.  The best thing I can do, for the crew who don't like to come inside, is to leave for most of the hottest parts of those days.  Then they come inside, if I'm gone. But  where to go.

Muffy and Jenny are such lovely kitties

Since Jenny is so sweet, Slinko makes it his job to be mean to her

Insecure Slinko, who has to kill the joy of happy cats, to feel fulfilled

Sweet Jenny





6 comments:

  1. I do hope that your neighbour's cats are ok. And worry about you going out in the heat so your own cats can be a little more comfortable. I suspect that if it is really hot and you were quiet they would come in any way. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm in the bedroom, sleeping, they'll come in. I'll probably be doing that Thursday. Tomorrow I'm headed to a trapping gig in Cascadia, if I can actually find the person

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Slinko must have been studying human behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. He's very good at being a basic brat.

      Delete
  3. Slinko, shame on you! ~shakes finger~ Are you sure those neighbors know that you're a renter? If so, I hope they maybe forgot. ~hugs~ You're such a good person. ~nods~ Could police be called to do a wellness check on that family? Our neighbors did that one time when we didn't realize our garage door bounced open and stayed up all night. What a wake-up call to have a cop come knocking. LOL But we appreciate that those folks are so caring. Be well, my dear! Try to stay cool and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're back, as of yesterday, thank goodness (the neighbors behind me). I felt huge relief when I heard the little girl screaming on the trampoline.

      Delete

Sunday

 Sunday I was so slow getting going after the late night Saturday. But after cleaning litterboxes, giving KMR to kittens, feeding the ferals...