Thursday, August 05, 2021

A Few Lovely Cats

 Some time ago, I secured five reservations, in case I needed them, to take cats to be fixed tomorrow and four next Friday.  Well, those are the only appointments I could get til October.  I'm happy I got the nine reservations.  Lucky I think to have gotten them.

Tomorrow it is then for five lucky local cats.  Tangent couple caught the mom and her three kittens today.  I'd taken them the drop trap to feed the cats under last weekend.  They did very well with that, got them eating under it, even rigged the line themselves, yanked it over the three kittens just as I got there, and covered them.  I went down to their back yard, which is just beautiful, and transferred them to live traps. They caught the mom a little later and met me with her.

The three kittens and mom account for four of the five reservations tomorrow. 



This kitten has a bob tail.

This is mom of the kittens, a long hair muted torti with a short twist tail


The fifth cat going is a stray boy the bird lady finally coaxed into her house, where he quickly tamed to her.  Outside he ran and acted wild.  He needs fixed, and that happens tomorrow, then she'll try to find him a home or placement in a shelter that can find him a home.   She calls him Ketch.  She's got a terribly sore back and can't get any help for it and it has made things hard for her, to drive or get around.  

I took her two sizes of trap, for his trip to be fixed tomorrow, and I didn't know which size he needed.  After I saw him, I knew he needed size large.  I pick him up early tomorrow morning.

Ketch, the bird lady's latest stray she's helping 


That's all I've done lately.   I went to the lake for a short time on Tuesday but it was not fun.  I guess I was still a little worn from the head cold, and I cough at night with it.  But also it was very hot, and the smoke was in the sky from various wildfires all over everywhere and the evil motor boaters were blasting loud music, making me irritible, being already tired.   It was not enjoyable and I went home and took a  photo of the blood red sun on the way home.  

I went to the park too, and had just arrived and pulled into the parking lot to answer texts (back to using the park for any calls needed since reception so bad at my place).  Of course something freaky happened!  Some guy comes trotting down the trail by the dog park, to the parking lot, to his girlfriend's car, I guess, that had just pulled in there and he's got a long gun hanging off one shoulder.  Yeah, WHAT?   Oh brother, the things that go on in that park.   I have no idea what he'd be doing up on the dike trail with a long gun or if he stole it in residential or up at the front of the park, and was trying to make a clean getaway by leaving from the park, I don't know wtf.  It was too strange to try to figure out.  

Life seems like waiting for the end of the world.  Smoke and dust and random ick clog the sky.  Heat is extreme and nauseating.  Sun is blood red.   Corona virus has returned.  Seems like nothing really matters since we're waiting on the end of the world.   Again.   



The bees seem happy.




12 comments:

  1. Well done, and I am glad that the couple helped.
    Sigh at the heat and the smoky skies. I well remember just how awful it is and don't want to go back there. We almost certainly will though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine you will never forget that horrid year you had.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:37 AM

    At times you depress me with tales of uncaring people, but not so in this post where people genuinely seem to care about cats and want to fix things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are very nice folks, that's for sure. This week, they're the male, who eluded capture when the mom and kittens were caught.

      Delete
  3. Hurray for these kitties, and well done. :) You were wise to plan for contingencies and I'm also thrilled these folks aided you. I hope you feel better each day. Nighttime coughing is no fun. Stay safe, too. ~hugs~ The things you've seen and weird people you've encountered are worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bit of coughing in the night last night. Seem mostly over it, then suddenly I'll have a bout and think, nope, not quite yet.

      Delete
  4. I don't think it end of world. It seem like they're plenty of stupid people. Not saying I'm overly smart.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was being dramatic when I called life waiting on the end of the world.

      Delete
  5. We have had some blood red suns here from smoke from wild fires on the west coast. Another example that shows that were all connected in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoke left us yesterday! Onshore marine flow kept it cleared out.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They are a very cute cat family.

      Delete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...