Sunday, July 18, 2021

Buffy is Back

 Buffy from the park is back.  But she is not residing with me.

Two days back, I saw her at the park, with two more kittens.  

I first caught Buffy and the one orange boy kitten I had initially seen early morning July 2, after seeing kittens there, in peripheal vision.  But I caught no more kittens in two more early mornings.  Buffy was fixed a week later, when KATA had an open spay neuter spot.  She spent the weekend after her spay with me here then went back.  Kata kept the kitten, hoping they could tame him.

I hated taking her back.   She's half tame and older.  Her age at spay was judged, through her teeth wear, at about six or seven years old.

Once again, two days ago, I see Buffy, at the park.  I turn slightly, after seeing her, and catch sight of two more kittens, another orange and the other black or dark gray.

Great.  It would have been too good to be true to think she had only the one boy kitten, still with KATA.


I caught a photographic glimpse of the 2nd orange kitten briefly on my cell camera, as he vanished into the brush, in the clip above.

This morning, I went over early and set the traps and monitored them using a baby cam I've had for years.  Buffy appeared almost instantly on the monitor, wanting the wet food inside the trap.



Buffy goes into trap once again, as seen on baby cam

I released Buffy after she got caught again, and she really wasn't worried about being in the trap, and gave her some wet food.  I reset the trap and added a second trap I had in the car beside it.  I wanted to catch the two kittens I'd seen two days before.

Soon enough I caught the 2nd orange kitten.   I hoped to catch the other kitten I'd seen (I think), who is black or dark gray, in the one empty trap left.




But it was Buffy once again I caught, in my only trap left. 


I texted Lisa, the over worked KATA lady, who had held her for the week between when I caught her and when she got fixed.  I sent a photo of Buffy in the trap again and asked "keep or turn loose".  "Keep," she texted back.  "We will find her a better place."  

"Ok Buffy, you can come along."

Old gal Buffy cannot resist the wet food.  She was not upset in the trap at all and pretty obviously wants out of her situation, living in the brush at the park with older kittens.   I do not know where she came from.  I've never seen her anywhere else but in a small area of brush and surmise she was dumped at the park pregnant, to begin with.

Lucky you Buffy.  I hope Lisa has cases upon cases of wet food to keep you happy until a home of some kind is found for you.   I hope that home has wet food to spare!

Lisa and her extraordinary daughter were soon beside me, where I was parked at the park, to pick up both Buffy and her latest caught kitten.   So long sweeties!

There is at least one more kitten over there in the brush.  I'll be after that one very very soon.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful news. I hope you do get the remaining kitten too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, headed over there now to try, but likely will be a few days. I don't know if there's one or two or three more, for sure.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:58 AM

    I guess the kitten is weaned or you would not have taken Mum Buffy. Without company, the last should be easy to catch. Buff you obviously is meant for an easy life in a cage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are older kittens, maybe 12 weeks or so. They lived 9 days without her between the time I caught her first time and the time she got spayed and had recuperation. The remaining kitten, or kittens, have Paws there, back in the woods, an older fixed boy, who loves kittens.

      Delete
    2. Buffy won't be in a cage long at KATA's. They'll find her a place.

      Delete
  3. If wish I lived closer. I have cases and cases of wet food here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Buffy will be finding a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope a better place comes up for her.

      Delete
    2. Wish you lived closer too

      Delete
  5. Wow! ~hugs~ Best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...