Saturday, June 19, 2021

Hot!

 We started our heat wave today.   Not bad today though, supposed to get to maybe 85, but so far, at 3:00 p.m., its not out of the 70's.  Tomorrow the forecast is for 95.  That may have changed since its not as hot as predicted today.

My Thursday trip to the FCCO wasn't too bad, although it got off to a rocky start.  I couldn't sleep well, the night before.  This happens to me sometimes when I'm nervous about getting somewhere on time and have a lot of cats to load.

I hit stop and go traffic way too far south of Portland on the way up.   I thought I would not make it in fact, at all, at that rate.  But after about 40 minutes stuck in that, for no apparent reason, to all broke up and was easier going the rest of the way.

I was so tired though.  I got more coffee after leaving off the cats and ended up in a movie theater.  I was the only one in the entire theater watching Quiet Place Two.  Which was awesome!  It's a horror flick but was well done and had me jumping in fright a couple times, when startled suddenly by a scene.  My popcorn went flying when that happened.  I'd just intended to use the theater as a nap zone.

I was lucky Thursday.  The cats were done early and I was on the road by just after 3:00 p.m.  Even so, I still endured about half hour stop and go, before I got south of Wilsonville.   But it was nothing like the Friday before when I didn't get to pick up the cats until almost 4:00 and then hit the road, right in the middle of rush hour.

I fell asleep on the couch shortly after I got home.   The futon does need to go.  It's so short my legs hang off the end.

Next morning I returned the cats.  I was horrified to see she had blocked off under the house, in the tiny bare backyard.  Under her house, was where they were used to staying, sleeping and hiding.  I protested to her, saying if she was going to do that, she should have done it before trapping, and given them other hideouts and beds to become used to because now, when trying to recuperate from surgery, they had nowhere to go at all.  And how did she know there wasn't a cat now blocked under her house.

She didn't know if there was or not, had no way to know, if one was under there.  I told her I would not be part of this and she'd have to release them.  It was horrible.  I watched them, from my car, try to climb over the fence at the front as she released them in the back.  They were panicked and confused, as normally they would have dove right back under the house, their familiar zone.  I drove away horrified and crying.  

When I got home, I unpublished my nonprofit facebook page.  No one can see it but me now.  

I'm on break for real now, happy to be so, and I'm not sure I'll ever start again, officially.

Yesterday I spent trying to get over the thoughts of those poor cats and my anger with that woman.   And the exhaustive cleaning of traps and laundry.  I was very very tired too and slept a lot.

Today I get home from an errand and find the neighbor lady on my property spraying what she considers weeds.  I ran her off my property and told her it was wrong and she knows its wrong and to just stop it.   She won't though.  I've endured it so long now.  It's time to build a fence along that side and try to fence her out.   I told a friend if I get killed or the house burns down, tell the police its probably her doing.  Just kidding. I have no idea what's wrong with her to think she can do what she wants to me and this property.   

I'll plan to build a fence but I don't want to.  I'd rather just let it go, but then she'll pull something else.  It's better I make the plans and do the slow build, like I did with the fence on the other side.  One section, then another when I had the money get some more wood for it....and so on.  I know I'll be sorry later if I don't get to it and do it this time.


11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have to endure these awful people. My neighbor's all hate the couple across the street, it seems. I walked over last night before more storms swept through and enjoyed talking about mundane garden things. Sure, they're not perfect. They stopped their daily yard sales and try their best. People need to chill out. And I wish other locals would back you up. ~hugs~ Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish people would chill out, for sure. Nobody is perfect, beyond that little square lawn out front. There were all of two weeds over there, beneath my bedroom window. Two fricking weeds freaked her out. Man alive, her life must be awful.

      Delete
    2. But she was also trying to spray down the wild rose, which is on my property and a plant I love. I don't have any idea what's wrong with her.

      Delete
  2. Neighbors are the luck of the draw. Sometimes they're great and sometimes their not. I will admit to spraying poison ivy in my neighbors yard that was growing into my yard. My husband is very allergic to it and they never went into their backyard, so I did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not right to use spray on neighbors property without asking I don't think. I pull my yards weeds by hand, bare hand. She sprays them and I don't know she did that, and then I get contaminated with whatever poison she's used. Besides the obvious trespassing. So be careful with doing that.

      Delete
  3. It been ages since I seen a movie in theater. I'm heading down to Medford and I hear it going to be over 100 degrees
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was predicted to be 96 tomorrow and now that's downgraded to a high of 88. So hopefully it will be cooler than first predicted also in Medford.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that you took the cats back to find their familiar territory was gone. I hope they find somewhere else quickly.
    The neighbour marching in and spraying would do my head in. She obviously knows that she has no right to do it - and doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course she knows better. Doesn't care, you're right.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:34 AM

    I really hope the woman realised the error of her ways after you left.
    Your neighbour trespassed on your property. I would be furious and perhaps apply for a restraining order on her, or whatever your equivalent is.
    Don't even kid yourself that you are going to stop trapping, but do take it easy and have a break when you feel you need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to build a fence this time around, so I can at least have some peace of mind and feel safer.

      Delete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...