Friday, April 09, 2021

Trashed

 I am very tried this morning after yesterday's Portland trip.  I thought I was getting enough sleep, but apparently not enough to avert exhaustion today.

I returned five of the cats.   I'd already told their owner when I'd arrive, but texted when I left here, so she'd have the gate open.  She did not have the gate open.  Some friend of hers was there, car blocking the driveway, even if the gate had been open.  I had to wait.   

My drop trap was still there.  I went to find it and load it in my car.  She'd tried to take it apart.  The top hooks, via spring attachments to the bottom part of the trap.  The trap lay, in two parts, in a pile, with other stuff atop it.

I saw that many of the spring hook attachments were crushed beyond repair.  I surmised she'd been walking on the drop trap as it lay there in a heap.  WTF.   I was furious, tried to pry apart, briefly, to fix, a couple of the attachments, gave up and put it in my car.  I barely said a word to her, except "you broke my trap".  I was too tired to deal with it and what good would it do.  One of my cage covers, there to cover a regular trap, with which she was to catch the big male, was missing.  I asked where the cage cover was.  She went and got it from out near the barn.  It was muddy and wtf was it doing way out there.

I messaged the rescue who took the pregnant cat from there, told them what had happened.  I had to tell someone, as it felt like a violation.  It's not a good feeling.

Before I was even to Home Depot, where I intended to look for something that would work to replace the broken attachments, that rescue had ordered replacement parts for the trap from tomahawk.   This sent a wave of emotion through me.  

So, there's not a thing I can do to fix people like that lady, trashing my equipment, but having the other folk, the rescue, immediately remedy the damage, was a tremendous boost to my worn out spirit.

Water under the bridge.   Gives me an excuse not to trap much until the parts come, lol.

I'm taking the two Albany girls, also fixed yesterday, out to their new home right after the lady who fed them gets off work.  She has to take them to her property now, instead of feeding them at work.  I'm loaning her a cage for this pair.  For the others, whom are not yet caught, she's building a big cage for relocation, that should hold the rest.   Big endeavor, but should work out fine for the cats.  She has a few out at her place already, long fixed.

I don't know how many people in Oregon have died of coronavirus since mass vaccinations began, end of January.  It might be nice to know how many have died from then to now because 3 people have died of coronavirus since mass vaccinations began who were fully vaccinated.  I think that is probably a significant percentage of the total number of virus deaths since end of January in our state.  I knew you could still get the virus once vaccinated but there were claims made by vaccine manufacturers, things like 100% prevents hospitalizations and death.  Yeah right.  168 fully vaccinated people, that the state knows of, have contracted the virus who were fully vaccinated.  19 were hospitalized and 3 died.

The numbers of hospitalized and deaths of vaccinated folk here, in just a couple of months since mass vaccines really got going, took me by surprise.   I don't know how many cases of virus we've had in total since end of January or total deaths, but its not that many.  Which makes the number of vaccinated folk testing positive and the three deaths rather astounding.



7 comments:

  1. It is possible that your extreme exhaustion has been added to by your second dose of the vaccine. I have heard that is a relatively common effect.
    Just the same, the treatment of you (and your equiptment) by that woman was beyond wrong. I am very glad that you also experienced the flip side.
    Look after yourself please. You matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was over two weeks ago, the 2nd dose. I just overdid it. These trips always wear me out. I have to be on the road by 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., then hang out somewhere all day, which is usually uncomfortable. I did get home by 6 p.m. but had to fight an hour of stop and go congestion traffic on the way home. These things tire me. (not as young as I used to be)

      Delete
    2. All of that would definitely exhaust me.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:13 PM

    I am trying to keep the faith on vaccines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the data comparison for same months, so keep believing, its about all we can do at this point. I mean it is the big hope.

      Delete
  3. What an up and down situation. ~hugs~ Thank you for continuing on. As for the Chinese virus (motherfing Communist government), I understand that the individual immune response is key. Fingers crossed, you are immunized as hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had all of this happening to you [hugs]! I ordered a few extra spring clips for my Tomahawk drop trap, whenever I lend it out I tend to get it back with one or more missing or mangled. I may create a set of written instructions to give to people who borrow it...although, some people are just beyond instructing, lol.

    ReplyDelete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...