Friday, April 23, 2021

The Break

 My summer break has come much earlier than I planned.

I was unable to get appointments in May.   So why not start my break after next Friday, I reasoned, the last day I have appointments.  Great idea!

So that's that.  My summer break, when I typically take time off, because its too hot to recuperate cats safely in my garage after surgery, will start much sooner than expected.  I usually start it July 1.

I'm so happy, once I made that decision.

I took six up to be fixed today.  I took the four whose photos I posted last time.  They included Jabba the Almost Orange, a huge buff and white male, who weighed in at nearly 13 lbs.  They included two gray tabbies, one a girl and one a boy, Tom and Gerri, and a small longer haired brown tabby, BeeGee, also a girl.

I took in a Lebanon muted torti kitten, too, named Sissy, but her real name is Braveheart I quickly decided.  She was got as a kitten by a family whose kids wanted them and almost as quickly discarded.  A neighbor took her in.  She would alternatively hiss at me, at first, in the bathroom last night, then puff up trying to be big and scary. Soon she was my best friend.  She'd had a tough life thus far, but things got better when she got a real person to love her.  I call families who get then discard kittens like that "Happy Meal toy people".   They treat animals like a cheap plastic toy, then throw them out.  People like that are plastic themselves.  

Braveheart

Last but not least, late in the evening, the woman who feeds the other four at her workplace called that she caught the stray on her own property.  She had been trying to catch him, since he beats up her own fixed cats, using the water bottle under the trap door technique, so her cats wouldn't be caught, line tied around bottle neck.  And she got him.  Trouble, a 10 lb boy, was fixed today too.


Hopefully Trouble will soon no longer cause trouble.

One more Friday with five spay neuter appointments and then-----break time!!!



6 comments:

  1. You are right about the Happy Meal Toy People. Sadly the corvid shut downs will have brought more of them out.
    I hope that Braveheart finds a forever home. Soon.
    Enjoy your break. It is more than deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Braveheart has a great new home, the neighbor or the toss out people took her in. She adores her, so now Braveheart has got someone nice.

      Delete
  2. I wonder people who look at Aniamals as such as toss away. I wonder if they grow up and it go to toss away other people feeling and such.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its depraved behavior, so you wonder how the parents got that way and how those kids will do, once adults.

      Delete
  3. I used to get upset at my neighbors who would get a pet and then not take care of it. We turned them in once. Anyway, I figured out that their own lives were messed up, and they didn't know how to take care of themselves, so why should I expect them to be able to take care of a pet. I just wish those people wouldn't get a pet in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to these precious kitties. Thanks yet again for coming to the rescue. And I hope you can enjoy your time off without enduring crowded conditions at every turn.

    ReplyDelete

Kittens Galore

 I went to return two of the three I took to the clinic yesterday.   The third, Drake, the tame already fixed male, the workers at the Villa...