Thursday, April 22, 2021

Post Kitten Adventure Vertigo

 I woke up yesterday with vertigo.  I got off kilter though the day before.

I forgot to take my bp meds til late afternoon.  What does this have to do with vertigo the next day?  Well, my med can cause vertigo, as it causes ear and sinus congestion and it needs taken in the morning, not at night.

Secondly, My facial nerve is inflamed from tightness in my left side neck from overdoing.  My vertigo episodes began with neck tightness over the facial nerves where they exit the skull behind my ear.  I have no idea if its related to vertigo.  I just know that when I get vertigo, I also have left side nerve tightness down my face.

Thirdly my allergies have been very bad and I should have started anthistamines earlier, since the pollen is out of control.

So I woke up with vertigo yesterday.  I took measures immediately, as it wasn't really bad, like make me throw up bad, or have to crawl to safely get around bad.  I drank lots of water, put ice on my neck and took an antihistamine.  Later on I also took Aleve.   And went back to bed, as you can't do a thing when vertigo comes knocking.

By late afternoon it was long gone and I drove to the park finally, after washing my filthy car, to feed the boys.  Then I headed off to the colony in town behind the nursing home and set up a live trap.   This is the place where the feeder lady is taking five of them to her own property and I already trapped the two young girls.

I caught the gray tabby boy she feeds immediately, in the live trap.  Then I set up the drop trap and carelessly watched it while chatting on the phone with various people.  I'm trying hard to find placement for Blizz and Moon, the boys from the Salem shelter, who are in my garage waiting.



So I made many phone calls to people whom I was hoping might squeeze another into the ones they care for, without any luck.

Along comes the other tabby the lady feeds, and I drop trap him.  Neither were happy about it.  After that I was just hoping to catch the buff and white big boy.  He's always there and always hungry. The bobtail Siamese was there again, hungry too, but the feeder thinks he's owned, since he comes from another direction.  


In the meantime here comes the fluffy one.  I had though the fluffy one was black, when I saw him there when I was trapping the young girls.  But I turned on my headlights and its a very dark tabby.  I caught that one.  And finally I caught the buff and white big boy who needs neutered badly.  I called it a night, since that was four and I have only five spots tomorrow and a female is already contained and coming from Lebanon to go.


I call this big boy Jabba the Almost Orange


My brother is having knee replacement surgery this morning.  In fact, its scheduled for right now, this minute.  I hope it goes well.  I have a lot of friends who have had the operation  and say it changed their lives for the better and swear by it.

I'll get photos of the cats caught for fixing later on and add them to this post.

10 comments:

  1. Sigh on the vertigo front. Another blogger I follow suffers from the crawl along/throw up variety on a regular basis. Which severely limits her.
    I am glad you caught yours early - before going on to catch some much needed boys.
    I hope your brother's operation goes really well. My brother has also had it - and it did improve his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it went well. I got a few text updates from his wife. He'll stay the night in the hospital though.

      Delete
  2. I hope you can find those lovely boys a place. If anyone can, it's you. I cannot imagine the stress though. ~hugs~ And your health issues stink. You deserve feeling your best, especially for all you do. The fact some issues resulted from horrific human acts makes me angry too. ~sigh! Take care of yourself. Best wishes to all those sweet cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stressful, that's for sure. I've had bouts of vertigo for a very very long time now. So its just something I live with and deal with when it happens.

      Delete
  3. Vertigo is the absolute worst, but maybe it was your body's way of telling you to take care of yourself. I'm glad you were able to get it under control and had a successful trapping day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vertigo is not fun, lol, at all.

      Delete
  4. One of my client came down with vertigo.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:48 AM

    Not too hard a catch then. I hope you brother's surgery went well. Here, it doesn't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know, here too. Some seem to do very very well and some never fully recover and have problems for life or get infections. So I'm holding my breath on his outcome.

      Delete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...