Wednesday, April 28, 2021

No Rain

 

 I had to add a little bit of river bliss I enjoyed this morning. (above video)

April is way below average on rainfall.   We've had only .32 inches, at the Portland tracking station, this month.  Usually we get over two inches in April.  That's what the news said yesterday morning.

I was trying to find the weather for the rest of the week.  I don't pay much attention to the dire rainfall amounts.  It can pound down rain for months here and they say the same thing, Woe is us, drought is here and I think to myself "Whaaat?"  

So when it could be true, how would I know when every year they say we're in such terrible drought.  I ignore them now, like a dutiful apathetic oldie.  When all else fails the news stations go back to telling us to get our Cascadia earthquake kits ready because anytime now, Oregon could be destroyed, from the coast to the mid valley, by a 9.0 quake along the Cascadia fault.  Ok.  Whatever.  Like an earthquake kit is very helpful if your place is reduced to rubble by a quake.  How to dig out that kit from the rubble.

It made me laugh that Covid news last week must have been so slow they went back to talking earthquake kits.

Our county is locking down again, speaking of Covid.  No more indoor dining.  Cases up, hospitalizations up.  I saw two different facebook posts pleading with people to stop pretending its fake.  This area is full of nonbelievers.  Or rather, true believers in all kinds of conspiracy crap but not in science, or even in viruses apparently.  One came from the sister in law of a man who died in Lebanon of Covid.  His wife, her sister, was in ICU fighting for her life with Covid.    Another was a gofundme for a LEbanon mechanic stricken with Covid, but he has survived and is now out of ICU.

My brother is apparently doing well in recovery from knee replacement.  I tried to text him on Monday and he asked me to call later.  When I finally got in touch, he said he and his wife had been watching a Hallmark movie.  Ok, brother.  Tough guy, never misses work.   Now with his knee elevated watching Hallmark with his wife mid day on a weekday.  Cracked me up.

I'm still struggling to find placement for the two wildish boys from the Salem shelter.  Now I've enlisted aid from a Washington woman.  I did put an ad in craigslist and got just one response.  It sounded hopeful, and even that the woman would come yesterday afternoon, after calling, to see them.  But she never called when she said she would and never came either.  I wasted all day in the waiting too.  So now my hopes are hinged in Washington state.   

My own guilt led me to take the boys.   Long story on that.  I'll just say some folks don't know when to keep their traps shut and by traps I mean mouths.

My mind is sagging from isolation.  I can feel it wasting away.  I try to remember any significant human contact and can't.   I can't think of ways to find any either.  This has gone on forever in my life and mostly I have come to terms with it.  Mostly I don't mind it anymore.  Sometimes I have that urge to connect with another human on any level.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that the cases are up again. That doesn't help in finding human contact. I'm not sure how this would work, but could you visit your brother now while he's recuperating from his surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not they're not even vaccinated yet, L and L. Only my other brother and his wife, off in Idaho, are vaccinated besides me, of the family.

      Delete
  2. We usually get most of our rain for the year in winter. And ARE often in drought. I hope to escape it this year.
    Smiling at your brother being a closet Hallmark movie viewer. And hoping that you find homes for those boys and at least a little human contact. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll find them somewhere, EC. Eventually.

      Delete
  3. I don't watch main stream news any more. ~nods~ Earthquake kits do seem a little ridiculous. Like 'duck and cover' during the atomic scare era. ~shakes head~ People can be such a disappointment. I'm guessing some holier than thou person at the Salem shelter spoke foolishness. Grrr... And boo for waiting on yet another irresponsible person.

    The image of your brother cracked me up. ~grin~ Thanks for sharing that. I wish we could meet and hope our virtual interactions are some solace. ~hugs~ Best wishes to you and for the wildish boys' future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not a shelter person, Darla. Twisted story, lol. My brother's new image also cracked me up, couldn't stop laughing in fact when I found out why he was "busy".

      Delete
    2. I'd welcome your twisted story if you need to vent. :) And is there nothing better than seeing a loved one adapt to new circumstances like this?

      Delete

Green Peter Drawdown Video

  A video made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.  Will it help at all?   I don't know.