Friday, February 26, 2021

Five Cats

 I took up five cats to be fixed today.  Three are from Sweet Home and two from here in Albany.

The Albany pair were also scheduled for last Sunday at the FCCO, along with four from the Keizer lady.  But I cancelled that trip with cats since I knew I'd never catch those Keizer cats, since the lady won't stop feeding.

The Albany old woman, nearly 80, she said, could herd them into her bathroom, since they come into her place through another window.   I didn't know they were really wild before going over there yesterday, on my first drive in a week, to set traps in the bathroom.  When I cracked her bathroom door open, one of the cats flew out over my back and began running around, banging against the windows, climbing the blinds.  

I quickly changed my tactics.  I got my nets.  The bathroom escapee was now in a bedroom and was a quick thing to net her, as she was still running around. I was trying to do this carefully so I wouldn't hurt my back more.  Once she was in my net, and I still only use the nets I made myself 15 years ago, out of a second hand store volleyball net, I covered her with a towel, then pushed her back through the netting into a transfer trap and closed and latched the door.

The bathroom wild thing was equally easy.  I felt good, once in the car with them, like maybe I would be ok again, with my back.  However, I went right home, took a muscle relaxant and slept two hours, hoping to undo any harm I'd done.

The owners themselves brought down the three from Sweet Home.   So I drove up all five to the clinic this morning.  I had some initial pain in my butt and leg but kept shifting position until I found one that didn't hurt.  By the time I drove back home, I was fine.

Honda, from Sweet Home, a girl, is being spayed today.

This is Whiskey, from Sweet Home, a boy.

Butters, a torti from Sweet Home, is being spayed today.

Here are the two Albany wild things, being spayed today:

They look alike.  The lady says they are a mother and daughter.  So I called one Mamasita and one Babita.  


I still have to go pick up the cats.   So far, I have only five reservations in March.  Waiting to see if I'll get any more than that.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM

    It must be a nice feeling to do things at times without great pain. Do be conscious of your back at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets better. This morning, not so much,

      Delete
  2. I am glad that your pain seems to be easy. Please take it as easy as you can.
    And thank you for continuing your most excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it is or not. Pain woke me this morning and I'm typing this standing up because I can't sit on my computer desk chair. I hope it one day improves drastically. I didn't take Aleve last night because its starting to upset my stomach.

      Delete
  3. Oh, best wishes. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Green Peter Drawdown Film

  A film made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.