Friday, December 04, 2020

Worn Out

 The five junk shop cats, two boys and three girls, were fixed Thursday.

Karen took them in and picked them up and overnighted at her place.  I took them up to her Wednesday evening.  Today I brought those five home, along with the ten I took up today to be fixed.

I took up ten other cats today.  Three more were from the junk shop and I sat out there 7 more hours trying to catch unfixed ones on Thursday.   After I caught the black cat out there Thursday,  the two guys living out there, who haven't lifted a finger to help, said "abourt time you caught him".

I wanted to slug someone by then.

I took six, a stray mom and her five teen kittens, from a rural Lebanon household, up to Portland to be fixed, and another male from the Lacomb colony where 22 cats went to the FCCO and were fixed a few weeks back.

The drive up to the clinic this morning wasn't bad, smooth sailing in fact, no congestion.  But on the way home, for miles on end, it was zero to one mile per hour going.  Congestion traffic is not fun.  First frustration, then anger set in, then my mind wanders off somewhere else. But you do have to concentrate with a manuel transmission.  I apologized to my transmission for bringing it into such a nightmare. 

 Is it worth it to get ten cats fixed to endure that kind of brain draining traffic for hours?  I'm not so sure anymore.  Especially when you return cats to a place like that junk shop where there's never even been a thank you from those guys.  

Tonight, when I returned the cats fixed Thursday, worn out, and the one guy is telling me what I should and shouldn't do, I just want to drive away and never look back, which is why I tried so hard to end it yesterday, get all the rest, but there are still three needing caught.

Well anyhow, just thought I would update a bit but no photos tonight.  I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Sleep well. You totally deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, was in bed maybe too early.

      Delete
  2. You have the patience of a saint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll be worn out next few days.

      Delete
  3. I feel tired just reading this! Dealing with those ungrateful jerks and traffic are enough to wear anyone down. ~hugs~ Thank you for persevering.

    ReplyDelete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...