Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sour Days

 I'm alone so much now.  All the time.  I don't know anyone to talk to anymore.

With my knee issue, where I can't go out and do my normal stuff, well life isn't not very enjoyable here.  I'm trying to keep busy though.  I've cleaned out lots of old files with papers and things I kept for no reason.  That's been great to finally get done.  As for trapping, I only deliver traps now, to people who do it themselves, then pick up the cats to drive them to and back from the clinic.   At least its something.

I had the PA appointment.  It was even worse than expected.   I had to have X rays.  I've already had Xrays and an MRI. This made me extremely nervous figuring since they don't show soft tissue, I was basically going to be declared old and arthritic, injected with cortisone and showed the door and that's pretty much what went on.  I objected but what about the MRI, showing the meniscus tear.  Dead pan I was told to not pay any attention to the MRI findings.  But what about the fact this all just started when I had the pop at the boat ramp.   Didn't matter.  

The cortisone injection felt like being attacked on my knee by swarming angry yellow jackets.  I didn't care.  I liked the pain.  I was in a foul mood from lack of sleep last night.  The good thing is when they inject cortisone so it doesn't hurt or something, they include some sort of anesthetic.  I had an injection in the other knee.  It didn't help at all, made it worse in fact, but I remember that anesthetic lasted almost three wonderful days.  So.....big plans, to go to the lake one more time before that wears off.  I'd be a complete fool not to do that I think.

So anyhow, I get a notice from my insurance company which also owns all the clinics and doctors I see, that the MRI claim payment was denied.  I just broke down laughing.  I had to wait weeks to get it until it was approved.  Now they're saying it wasn't approved?  And the PA I saw said not to pay any attention to the MRI findings anyhow?   Is this some reality TV show I live in, I wonder sometimes.

Anyhow, the paper I got said it was perhaps a coding error.  And that I can appeal.  I'll call the MRI people tomorrow, find out what is going on.

Ok, whatever, on the visit today.  I guess I hoped, wave magic wand, all fine.   I know there's little can be done for torn meniscus, except take out irritating  loose pieces and edges.   Take out too much and you do get big bone on big bone and accelerated arthritis, I read.   So whatever.

All day I stewed, from lack of sleep mostly, over this turn of my life, where I gauge what I do in how much that will hurt.  

I had delivered traps near the cemetery which is conveniently close to where the knee people practise, so close you know if you died while there you could just be carried over someone's back and dumped in the cemetery, maybe leaned up against the back of a grave marker.   I'm getting dark now, but you know Halloween is getting close and maybe there's a story there, to scare people silly.

Well they caught the three kittens last night with a lot of back and forth, and too much out and about to not freak out pregnant mom, who wouldn't enter a trap and still hasn't tonight.  So the Millersburg folk trapped one of their neighbors crowd, as backup, the fourth cat, for tomorrow's trip to the McMinnville clinic.  If the pregnant girl gets caught this evening, I'll take her as the 4th and hold out the teen from Millersburg for Friday.   The three kittens are now in my bathroom.  They more like teenagers though.  

The Foster RV girls are having a rough time adjusting at Heartland they told me today, which scared me for them.   They are so shut down from that hoarder trailer, they kind of need individual attention and lots of it that may not be possible there, I don't know.

That's whats going on here.  Not much of anything really.   

Almost forgot I called a couple tree companies about the tree out back with dead branches.  Somethings really wrong with it.  The first company never called back.  The second one called back same day and asked if it was a paper birch that there's some bug infection going around in those  I wasn't sure.  He said it would have white peeling bark.  I went back and looked later today and sure enough it has white peeling bark.  I didn't know it was a paper birch.  I've always called it a Birch but I can't remember why cause I don't know trees that well.  Anyhow, he'll give an estimate Friday but it has to go with the dead branches.   



15 comments:

  1. So sorry about the knee issue. I don't have a few good word about private insurance. Hey your managing to do your issue that you care about, reducing the cat population for those who aren't responsible pet owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do some of that, still. Think I"d go nuts without doing something these days.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to read this.
    And unsurprised that you continue to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I expected, nothing much really can be done. Anyhow, yes, still enjoy catching kitties.

      Delete
  3. I am definitely in a worse mood if I don't get enough sleep. Good work on cleaning out you files. Our files here could certainly use some attention.

    I am happy that you are getting people to do some of their own trapping. You are keeping the mission going despite your difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like getting rid of things I haven't used in years or looked at even.

      Delete
  4. I don't know what to say. ~hugs~ This knee situation just sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cortisone--I know how those shots feel and also how well they can work. IF the pain comes back, hyaluronic acid injections is another possibility, but they hurt WAY worse then steroid shots. I've found that either one can leave me nauseous and weak for several minutes. This doesn't happen every time, but just don't be surprised if it does because it should pass in under five minutes. Indeed, why run a really expensive test only to ignore the results, and not even tell the patient why the results are being ignored? I'm so glad (I read your latest post) that you're continuing to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cortisone shot did help but it hurt when it went in. I grabbed ahold of my hair and pulled at it, instead of belting the doc and running.

      Delete
    2. Did he at least spray your knee with an anesthetic? If not, and if you get another shot, you can ask for it. While it won't kill all of the pain it does help, and it also shows that the doctor or PA cares about your comfort.

      Delete
  6. I stayed to watch the Miss Daisy video. Based upon what you wrote of her, even I miss her, and I didn't even know her. I so hope that another cat has at least partially given you the love and the sense of rapport that you and she shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, not really Snow. Nobody could ever replace her in my life. She was something else and sometimes I swear I hear her, when I'm in bedroom and I go looking. I know its crazy.

      Delete
    2. Strayer, such hallucinations (if that's what they are) are commonplace, and why wouldn't you go looking for that which your senses tells you is there! I've read books by people who had had a lot of cats but who described one of those cats as being almost--if not entirely--a soulmate. Maybe that's what Miss Daisy was to you.

      Delete
    3. You are right why wouldn't I hear her. I do miss her so much and yes, she was different, my soulmate. I loved her so dearly.

      Delete
    4. As much as it is possible for one person to feel another's pain, I feel your pain, having lost so many of my own "children." While it's true that I think of them less often as time goes by, the wound is ever raw, and the tears ever near the surface. If heaven exists, I would first like to see my Granny, after that, my pets because no one loved me more--or gave me more--than they.

      Delete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...