Monday, September 21, 2020

The Four RV Park Girls

 The RV park girls, relinquished from the dog trailer, have come out of their shells in the last three days here.  At lesat three of the four get to go to Heartland Humane today, to move on with their lives and hopefully get loving homes.

They're all already fixed.   I got Willow and Grasshopper the day I hurt my knee, on the way back from the lake.   The neighbor carried them into my garage for me.   A KATA lady came by that night and transferred them to live traps and an Albany woman gave them a ride to the clinic that Friday since I could not operate the clutch on my car by then, due to my knee.  The KATA lady picked them up, when she picked up KATA cats, at the clinic, and took them to Sweet Home, back to the camp trailer where they came from.

But now the camp trailer lady was facing eviction for too many animals in a teensy trailer.  So the four girls have been here since Thursday evening, when I also picked up the orange female Zoey, who needed fixed, and Howl, the gray tux boy.  I didn't know she had five cats in the trailer along with all those dogs.  She got to keep Pest, the black boy fixed also a month ago.

So I have Willow, Grasshopper, Shadow and Little Thunder.  I'll take all four to Heartland this morning even though they only agreed last week to take three, just in case, you know.  Just in case they can take four.

At first they hid and refused to eat and seemed semi feral.  But they were just exhausted and seemed to be in shock.  I spent the weekend petting them and baby talking to them and offering them all different kinds of food.   They each wanted their own bed space and their own food bowls, which I thought was precious.  Maybe they never had that before.

They're sweethearts.  Grasshopper is the most assertive of the four.  Willow is just the sweetest ever.  So are Shadow and Little Thunder.  Little Thunder is the shyest, at least right now, but ever so sweet and gentle.  This is Willow.


Shadow


Grasshopper doesn't like the two younger girls, but tolerates Willow, as she's likely known her much longer.


Little Thunder is the sweetest little girl.

Well, wish me luck with them this morning at Heartland Humane and if you are in Oregon and want to adopt a lovely kitty, who has had it rough, give her a great loving home, then swing by Heartland Humane in Corvallis later this week and adopt one of these lovely deserving girls.


13 comments:

  1. Aww, such pretty girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.
    Heart melters one and all.
    And good luck today - and to these beauties for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they get good homes with good people.

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow. I wish we lived closer. Nicely done. I don't know what happens to make people like that lady mistreat animals so, while thinking they have the best intentions. ~shakes head~ Good luck to you and these sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think a tiny camp trailer works for 7 dogs and five cats.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:58 PM

    You really are a cat whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I've been told that, thanks Andrew.

      Delete
  5. Grasshopper is interesting name for kitty cat. So glad someone help. And I hope those kitty find a lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they get great homes too, Dora!

      Delete
  6. It's so nice to hear about the cats coming out of their shells. I agree with Andrew. You are a cat whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute kitties. I hope that they go to stable and happy homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are not doing well over at Heartland. Shutting down, probably from their pasts and unable to overcome in cages. I told them I'd take them back, find something that works for them. Only three are listed which has sent panic guilt through me over the possible fate of the 4th. Hopefully they can let me know where she is, might just not be listed is all.

      Delete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...