Friday, August 14, 2020

Well, Off We Go

I'm soon to head out to take five more cats to be fixed.

I didn't have to work much at this load.

I like that.

I left a trap with the RV park folks, instructed the man to feed in it tied open.  He didn't.  So the neighbor set it for a mom and her two older kittens and caught one of them.    Boy is he or she darling.  Long hair orange.  Fiesty.
Jo, a teenager now, one of two orange teens, but the first to be fixed and that happens today.

When I went to pick him up, clear up beyond Sweet Home, they took me to another camp trailer there.  Woman has 3 unfixed females in her tiny trailer.  Plus 7 dogs.  Yikes.  She doesn't think the girls need fixed being as how they're inside.   However the rest of the folk in the park seem to think it would be an excellent idea, even better if they're allowed outside of that stinky poopy tiny trailer, once fixed. Too many animals in such a tiny place.  I hope she gives in on it.

Next, they took me to another trailer where an orange girl has three kittens, just two weeks old.  Ok, put that one off for a month.  These are not mobile homes these folks live in, but camp trailers and not the big fancy ones you see being towed by huge fancy trucks to campgrounds right now in Oregon.  These are teensy little things.  Portland folk enamored with tiny houses first ought to spend a few days in a tiny camp trailer. 

In about four weeks, I'll get mom fixed and then they plan to relinquish the two orange boy kittens while keeping the torbi girl.
I'd left a trap with the folks who had the six kittens fixed last Friday.  They fed in it down in the shed where the mom hangs out.  It's a perfect cat shed, too, I saw yesterday, when I drove my car down off the gravel driveway, through the mowed field, to the shed.  They'd set the trap and caught her and the trap, with her in it, was just too heavy for me to carry up the hill to my car.  They told me to just drive through the field to the shed, to make it easier.

So I did.  And she'll be fixed today.   They had thought she'd had another litter, but now think she's either pregnant or lost the kittens.  I think the former may be true.

To my surprise, she turned out to be tame, once in the trap.  Sort of tame, that is.

Next up, after I got home, took a nap, then went and had the free lug nut check, after getting those two tires yesterday, my friend who lives in a nearby trailer park brought over two beautiful girls.  They'd been stray kittens she'd taken in with a brother.  I got the brother in somewhere, to some rescue, but she adopted the two girls to a neighbor who vowed to fix them.  Yeah right.  And no, he didn't. Then when she saw them running around outside, she freaked out!   And she was right to freak out.  So here they are, waiting to get fixed today, so she's not taking care of more litters born because she adopted out unfixed kittens and actually believed the man when he said he'd get them fixed.  She's making it right though, by making sure they are now fixed.
Annabelle on the left, Lucy on the right

Lovely Lucy

The fifth cat's owners will meet me at the clinic, since he's from out on highway 22, a long distance from me.   The lady's adult son used a lot of patience to catch him, by luring him into a carrier or bird cage.  He had a string on the door he pulled to keep him in it once he entered.  He never caught mom or the other kittens and they don't know where they are now.  But this guy (no photo yet) is very lucky and they want him fixed and vaccinated.
Shadow, from Aumsville

In other news our President is determined to turn the clock back, way back, and defund the Post Office.  All because he's super worried that mail in voting, due to the pandemic, would increase voter turn out and we just cannot have that.  That must worry many politicians, keep them awake nights sweating that one out.  Too many of the wrong people voting!   Holy American nightmare!

I guess we will be reverting to Pony Express for mail delivery.   So anyhow, I'm starting my Christmas cards now.

With all the hate directed at police officers lately and some departments facing huge defunding cuts, I hope nobody cuts this officer out of any budget.  And yeah, I'd take a protester urine bomb for her any day.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad the media is showing cops doing good things of late.

    What kind of a scumbag would promise to get cats fixed and then not do it, and did the woman give them back to him despite the fact that, if didn't do this, he won't do other things that the cats need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be taking care of them now, Snow. I like seeing the good deeds of cops and others on the news. Sure beats the alternative.

      Delete
  2. Wow. That was some clip. That's the definition of bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the people who help (including that officer and you). And a big, big hiss and spit to those who could help, who should help and don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:55 PM

    If #45 is concerned about voter fraud because of it being a mail in voting system, the logical thing to do is increase funding. You are right about voter turnout of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #45 voted by mail himself. But hey, that's not for us people who don't count, or that he doesn't want to count. He looked over a solution from this side and that and came up with defunding the post office so the ballots can't be delivered on time. Um, election tampering? #45 needs to spend some time in jail, with no twitter account.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:58 AM

      He should spend time in gaol. Was it the Washington Post who said he had told 20,000 lies and pieces of information in his term?

      Delete

Back to 7-11

 I already have 3 cats here, waiting for placement from 7-11, with Silverton Cat Rescue barn cat program. The two girls--Eleven and Petunia,...