Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Not a Lot to Say

Since catching that last kitten, when was that anyhow, I took the three girl kittens and Cascadia, their mom, to my friend, who loaded me up with some cat food, which was very sweet.

I hope the best for those four, especially for Cascadia, that sweet little mom.

I decided to get the two new tires.

When at the second Cascadia homeless camp, returning those three kittens fixed from that one, all the guys there, and one girl too, could do was make over was how bald my front tires were.  They studied them and commented about them and talked to one another about them until I felt very awkward over driving with those two tires.

Ok, maybe it was time to take the step.  I got the two new tires at Costco.  Some law makes them put the newer ones on the back, so they had to move the Schwab pair to the front. 

I had about an hour to kill inside Costco while they installed the tires and balanced them.  Costco isn't really a big sell to single folks like me.  Their food packaging is way too enormous for one person.  I just go there for the cat food.   Yup, that's it.  The cat food.

I've become addicted lately to baby carrots, however.  And I've been out for a few days.  The last bag I found at Grocery Outlet had a hole in it.  The clerk pointed out that carrots were falling out and I better not, for food safety sake, purchase it.  So I didn't.  But then I had no carrots at all.   At Costco this morning for the tires I weakened and bought their huge baby carrot two pack pouch.   I could eat only carrots now for a week and have leftovers.

Once home, I dove into those carrots.   I eat them watching TV.  I eat them out cat trapping.  I dip them in about anything from quacamole to rondele cheese spread to cream cheese.   Or I eat them plain. 

Titus, the garage escapee, is still on the lam, but I nearly tripped over him this morning again, as I entered the garage.  Yes, he's living in my garage but won't go for a trap yet.   Fine.  One day, Titus, one day.

I have a few reservations Friday up in Salem.  One of the cats going, another from the RV park, was caught this evening.  I'll get him or her in the morning.  Two more are coming from a trailer park.  Then the River Road folks are trapping for the mom of those six teenagers fixed last week.  With luck I won't have to go out and trap any myself.  I'd like that.

My bad knee has been acting up.  For the life of me I cannot find my knee brace.  I've had it for over a decade.  How did it vanish, I wonder.   I had to purchase another online because I couldn't find one at the store.    I don't like going to the store anymore.   I'm in the habit now of not going to the store very often.   When I go, I go to just one store.  I don't go to this and that store all over, like I used to do.  I don't need that much.

With Covid still roaring through the US, I stay to myself.  That is a habit I already had to some extent.  The isolation gets to me sometimes but mostly I do fine not talking to anybody, except a couple words to a store clerk now and then, or maybe when I'm out trapping.

I was happy this morning though to see Kamala Harris's smiling face as the VP pick for Joe Biden.  Yeah she should be at the top of the ticket but, like I said on facebook, it was a breath of fresh air to see it was her on the news.   She's so smart and positive and young.  She is a sunflower in the poison oak  infested field of politics.


8 comments:

  1. Snap on the baby carrots. I have been addicted to them for a while. And can't cope with Costco. It is too big - as are the package sizes.
    I do hope the media/commentators/other politicians treat Kamala better than they have other aspiring women. And hope that she is a HUGE success.
    I am pleased that Titus knows where he is safe. One day indeed. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding out lots of people are addicted to baby carrots, lol, including a cousin in Texas. I can't see the media or opposing politicians being nice to Kamela. Orange leader has already called her "nasty". But her calls most women that.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:45 AM

    I really don't know anything about Karmala, so thanks for your valued opinion. Roaring through is a good way to describe what is happening. I would have thought the opposite for new tyres, to the front. Are you turning orange by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought new on front too, Andrew, because front wheel drive, for gosh sakes, best tires up front, I would think. Yes I'm a lovely shade of orange by now, lol.

      Delete
  3. Since I've been back at work, my knee has been acting up, too. There's a lot of up and down putting books on shelves. But, I'm happy to have a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I bet L and L, with up and down. I have no idea what is going on with my left knee. Terrible pain at night, burning pain from my knee down towards ankle, cramps and twitchinig of thigh muscle too, just on that side. I have to wonder about a nerve impingement possibly, although the pain isn't nerve pain. I have no idea.

      Delete
  4. I completely understand closes Costco for us is about 75 miles and for hubby and I it not worth a trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's way too far for sure, to use. Even for cat food or huge bags of baby carrots.

      Delete

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...