Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Long Drives But Three Cats Fixed

I got Vinnie in to be neutered Monday.  He's from Sweet Home.

Then his people worked hard and caught the female, whose kittens they'd seen, causing panick, or maybe shame.    They tried for the other big male they see too, but failed to catch him by this morning.

Meanwhile, I went back up to the big Sweet Home colony, where all those kittens came from.  Not the ringworm kittens. The 24 others of late.

I had two appointments, again, way up in McMinnville, sealed and dealed, and I was fearful they wouldn't catch that last male at the other Sweet Home place.  So I went after one of the four males left at this big colony.  And caught the smallest youngest of the four.

And saw another kitten.  She was with Cinnamon, nursing.  Cinnamon is long fixed.

So today, Sneaky Pete from the big colony in Sweet Home got neutered and Paris, the long hair black girl, from the other, was spayed.

Sneaky Pete, who was neutered today

Here's Pete, right before I caught him, under the drop trap.
Cinnamon, with a muted calico kitten
Three girlfriends---all fixed.  Sage, Thyme and Tangers.
Here's Paris, from the other place in Sweet Home.

It's quite a long drive up to the clinic and sometimes I take the route so I cross the river on the Wheatland Ferry.  Today, driving back on the west side of the Willamette, I came down Independence road and took the Buena Vista Ferry back across the Willamette, just for something different.  I enjoy the ferries.

This morning, I was embarrassed to hear a lot of quacking, and I ran outside in my pj's just as a neighbor drove by.  He was staring at me and at the four, yes FOUR, ducks in the street, there like they owned it.   Oh gosh.  Mildred brought her grown kids over for breakfast.   I hustled Gigi, the neighbors cat, into my garage, so they could eat without her chasing them, which sometimes she will  do, if in some self destructive attention seeking mood.


I'm sure my reputation on the street has only become stranger with the ducks who fly in, for a brief snack, then take off.  I seriously don't care anymore.  There's not a soul on this street even speaks to me.  The ducks like me though, I'll say that.

6 comments:

  1. Yay you.
    Most days I would rather that ducks liked me than the neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its not a bad thing, to be liked by ducks. And cats.

      Delete
    2. Yes! I was thinking that exact same thing. And, oh, I used to enjoy taking the ferry to the Outer Banks' Ocracoke Island. But the drive from our lodgings in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina is so long (and a bit tedious after a while) that we haven't done it in many years. We went every autumn for a long time, then off and on for several years. Don't know when we'll be able to return the way things are now. ~sigh~ Thanks for all you do and sharing such terrific photos/videos. Be well!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:29 AM

    Fun to have duck visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really fun that Mildred comes to visit and brings others. What a fun sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of an oddity to find, on a suburban cul de sac---ducks flying in, lounging in the street, snacking, then off they go.

      Delete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...