Friday, May 22, 2020

At Least These Five Will be Fixed and Vaccinated

I spent last night staring at all the free unfixed kitten ads on facebook from around here.

Which put me deep into brooding and wondering why I'm doing this.  The kittens are handed out unfixed.  Many, maybe most, are never fixed because if you're looking for an unfixed kitten, rather than an already fixed and vaccinated one from a shelter, you're likely not going to get it fixed.

I say that because its cost effective to get one from a rescue or shelter, already fixed, chipped, vaccinated--the works.  So if you're getting a free one, off one of these ads, probably you're not going to get it fixed.  You either got plenty of money, to pay for all those things later yourself, or you're too dumb to realize the financial advantage of a shelter rescue kitten or you are acting on a whim to get one.  That's how I figure it.

Anyhow, it's depressing.   And I feel pathetic often, chasing around, cleaning up after those who don't fix their pets, like a responsible person would do, given the current situation going on around the country of severe feline overpopulation problems.

At least these five won't contribute.

Two of the 8 or 9 Lacomb cats are getting spayed.  Now this is not the barn owners fault.  They bought the place a couple months back and found cats in the barn.

Here are the five......for today, the drop in the bucket....

TC Storm, a boy, although now neutered

Grayson, from Waterloo, now neutered

Gracie from Sweet Home

Crook from Lacomb

Happy from Lacomb







10 comments:

  1. Gracie looks just like my Alex!

    I got Tiger and Alex from a cat hoarder. I didn’t go through anyone official like a shelter. I got them spayed and neutered. It depends on the person. Chu was already 10 years old and neutered when I got him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was probably just in a depressed mood. I'm happy to hear you got an unfixed kitten and got Tiger fixed. Makes me feel better to hear you say that.

      Delete
  2. I don't think/hope it as dire as you think. We got a kitten from a free to good home and had it fixed. As prevalent as it seems, some people are not tuned into the who adoption thing. At least that's what I want to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, which would be great if you are. Akesha got an unfixed kitten and got him fixed. So maybe more people do that than I would think. Thanks for being positive.

      Delete
  3. They are all adorable. How kind of you to help them. I wish people wouldn't give kittens away for free either. I pray none are used as snake food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Tiger and Alex were unfixed when I got them. Tiger was a girl, Alex is a boy, they both got when they were babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making me feel better!

      Delete
  5. I read the comments/replies and it's no wonder you feel depressed at times. ~hugs~ Lots of people are responsible, I think, like the folks across the street who retained the kitty we declined to take in. She and the two dogs appear healthy and happy. :) Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are all right on this one and thank you all so much, makes me feel better!

      Delete

The Wolverine Visits Linn County

 I don't know if its the same Oregon touring wandering wolverine that was seen yesterday outside Lebanon on Golden Valley road.   The wa...