Sunday, May 24, 2020

Six More Saturday

The last six Lacomb cats were fixed yesterday up in Portland at the FCCO.

I had met Karen from Portland north of Salem, in the maze called Keizer station, with the cats Friday evening and I met her same place again Saturday evening to pick them up.  She drove them straight from where she picked them up at the clinic.

I knew the sex of three of the six cats, 2 girls and a boy, but because the FCCO doesn't give me paper work, but rather emails it to caregivers, I don't know the sex of the other three and never will.   The caregivers won't know their sex either after getting the paperwork because they're only identified by number and the numbers are on the traps and those cats are back home now.

My nonprofit paid out for the six done in Portland to be wormed.  The charge is by weight since they are Profender tubes you buy to have applied.  It's not cheap.  I just think a cat should get one good worming in its life.

11 local cats fixed Friday and Saturday.  Next Friday I have five appointments but so far, none beyond next Friday.  Yikes.

Here are the six done yesterday.  Four black cats, one torbi and one very vocal black and white girl.  She was so happy and relieved when she got back home and realized she was home and everything was ok again.  I'm sure she thought she was going to die.

I think this is the boy they call Daddy.

This one may be a girl, because I think I see her belly is shaved.


The torbi girl


And Seven, they call her, who is very vocal and was extremely worried.  The relief, once she saw she was back home, was very cute to see.

Lacomb situation is all done now.  Two more Waterloo boys fixed too! 

On to Infinitiy!!!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:09 PM

    It's interesting about Seven and how you say you can tell that she is relieved to be back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't hard to see, Andrew, she was frantic in the trap, took off running when released. Then she suddenly stopped as she realized where she was, looked around, realized it. One of the black girls fixed Friday came up to her and gave her a lick across the face. It was darn cute.

      Delete
  2. I love the vocal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you.
    And of course Seven was worried - and I am glad she is now relieved. And relieved of the burder of litter after litter as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's home and home is where the heart is.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I just think a cat should get one good worming in its life." And that's another reason that you're so good at what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...