Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Days Blend

I can't remember talking to someone in person for I can't remember how long now.

I jolted awake on my zero gravity lawn chair which is my living room chair, after eating lunch.  I had some show on the TV, I can't remember what because I was asleep instantly I believe once I finished lunch and that show ended while another began.  When I woke, it wasn't a show on anymore, it was the President and his troops droning on again about corona response.  This time he actually sounded supportive and encouraging.  I liked that, but I drifted off anyhow back to sleep.

I'm running out of projects here.  Mostly now I sleep and read and do the chores and repeat.

The ducks visited this morning.  They returned a few days ago from who knows where.  I don't know how they find my place.  They come in, land, eat some bird seed, root around in the grass and take off.  This has been going on for years, but its not the same pair that first came.  The neighbor thinks one or the other of the pair coming now is a descendant of the first pair, and the information was remembered that there might be food here sometimes.  I don't know how the duck world works.  It's always just one pair that comes each spring.


The house near the end of the cul de sac went up for sale.  I don't know why.  They didn't live there long.  Another is empty and up for rent.  Both places have very high turnover, whether owned or rented.

I fed the park boys but it was pouring rain again and I didn't see them.  Why would I in the pouring rain.  I wanted to see them, see anybody.  I don't care if its an old wildish kitty in the bushes I see, just someone familiar, you know, but alas, the rain poured.


That's my birthday balloon, still holding air too.  My birthday was a month ago but I still have the balloon because its pretty.  A friend in Vancouver sent it to me in a box, all blown up, it was so fun, to have that float out.

Well anyhow. 

Here's one of my cats checking out the morning:




8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday.
    I love your birthday balloon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC, that balloon is really cheery and I've enjoyed it a month now.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:03 AM

    Great headline. Days blend, as we are in suspended animation. Always nice to have some ducks around. Your post cheered me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do blend. It is nice to have ducks find my place, out of the zillions in suburbia land, for osme reason. I wish I could make you laugh Andrew.

      Delete
  3. I don't nap during the day, which I'm afraid would keep me awake at night and get my schedule completely off track. At SOME point the real world will come calling, and I want to be ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have talked to neighbors from across the street, and an old scavenger who picked up something from my garbage yesterday. I'm going to post about that bizarre and amusing situation. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...