Friday, February 28, 2020

I5 Day from Hell

How was I to know, innocently headed off to the FCCO in Portland with a Sweet Home boy in the back, that way up ahead of me, a semi truck was loaded down in dog food, and would not make the Terwilliger turns.

I didn't even know that as traffic slowed before the rest area south of Wilsonville.  To stop and go.  The nightmare had begun.

I was two hours in that back up.  I finally took an off ramp at Barbur, then endured an hour in that, mostly stopped.  Not so easy with a manual transmission.  All I could think about was my clutch and how bad this stop and go on hills was on it.

I was in stress mode when I finally got to the clinic.  That's when I got told there was a dog food truck wreck on the turns.  Too bad it wasn't cat food.  I'd be out there scrounging it off the highway.

I stopped at the rest area south bound outside Wilsonville and took a half hour nap before driving on home.   It would not be that long before I had to turn around and go back up, but only part way.  Karen brought the boy back down to Woodburn and we met in a parking lot.   She handed off him to me and I handed off Felix, the little boy from Cascadia I had taken in, to her.  She's taking him to OHS tomorrow.


So long Felix.

Mr. Stinky, who was fixed yesterday, is now back home




3 comments:

  1. So long little fella - and I hope the rest of your life is wonderful.
    Sigh at the traffic issues. Never fun. And I smiled at the thought of you scrounging cat food off the road...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 PM

    With a new clutch, as long as you don't ride it, it should be fine for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would stress me, as well. Yikes. I'm so glad you made it home safe and saw these kitties off to new and improved lives. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...