Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Empty Driveway

My driveway remains empty.

I took the car to the shop yesterday morning.   I had been told it would be done same day when I made the appointment last week.

I was excited about getting it back.

I need to get back to work.   This weekend is another one the woman is coming down from Portland on Saturday.  Sunday she has 25 reservations at the FCCO up in Portland for local cats down here and I'd lined up quite a few.  The caretakers themselves have to first contact the FCCO for them to qualify so it is more complicated than just finding 25 cats who need fixed.

I would already be out there, in the field, loaning traps, setting up pre-feed, and even trapping half the cats going, to relieve the burden on Saturday.  But I'm not doing any of that because I can't without a car.

I have to beg rides to go anywhere.

Yesterday I could not get ahold of the shop, after dropping the car off.  I tried  a couple times after 3:00 since it was getting close to their quit time and I had not heard one thing.   I finally decided to walk over there, to arrive before they closed.  It's about a mile and a half or so over there.

I got there a good 15 minutes before 5:00 and there was my car, sitting in the same spot it had been that morning.  My spirits sank.  I went in, eyed the red sports car inside the shop that had been there that morning too, and asked about my car.  He said he'd not had time.  I decided to just take the car back then and find somewhere else, fearful it would never get done in time for the weekend work schedule. 

He then apologized profusely and told me it would be done by noon today, that he'd do it for sure.  I said "Ok", and left. I had told him it was my work car I relied upon.   I was going to walk home but my friend came by then and drove me home.

As for my tooth, I'm surviving it so far.   I had some old CBD infused cream someone gave me way back when I blew out my knee, which happened to be moments before I was to leave with a friend to go to NE Portland and get this car, now in the shop.  I put it on my cheek over my tooth.  I have no idea if it helps.  I take Aleve and try to remember I can't chew on that side.  I hope I get the car back soon so I can drive down and get that tooth gone.

The four cats from Ridgeway in the garage are still waiting too, to move on to their new home. They are waiting on me to have a car to drive them there.

So I hope its fixed today and I can get on with my life.

Update:   I've got wheels again!  And I really like this auto shop.  Thanks for the help Midori and Mark.

5 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed that the car is ready. And that your tooth can be gone. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my car back! Runs just fine now, new clutch. I still have the tooth but by next week, it will be history.

      Delete
  2. So good that you found an auto shop you like. Hope you don't have to visit them again anytime soon, but you know where they are if you need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great relief to find a new good mechanic. My last mechanic shop was also very good at what they did and this one is virtually just across the street from the old one. And its only a mile and half from my place, so I can walk home after I leave the car or go pick it up.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I am so happy after reading the update. ~grin~ It's weird sometimes how things seem to tie together, isn't it? Like your knee, car, and that darn tooth. Be well, my dear, and please try not to overwork/stress yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...