Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Zombie

I'm something of a zombie after all the work of the weekend and first days of this week.

Yesterday I was forced to succomb to my affliction and blankly stare at the wall the part of the day I wasn't sleeping, that is.

The only way for me to recover after over working is to sleep a lot and drink a lot of water.  My timeless remedy for about everything on earth, even stress.

I now have a bubble of fluid on my left elbow after knocking it on something a week ago.  I hope it re absorbs by itself without having to have someone draw out the fluid.  It doesn't hurt anymore.  It only hurt for a day after a hit it on a sharp edge and felt that nerve zing that makes me cringe even now to remember.

I had this happen once decades ago, and it was same thing, hit my elbow on something.  The doctor went nuts when he drained it.  It was blood not clear fluid, and the moment he stabbed it with a needle to draw off the fluid, the blood burst out and went onto the new carpet in the exam room.   He panicked since he was a new employee there, trying to clean up the carpet.   I felt bad for him.  I suspect this bubble too may be blood since I hit my elbow.

I returned 21 of the 25 cats fixed Sunday in Portland.  I couldn't fit the rest into my car.  So I put the four smallest, one from the Ridgeway colony who had been relinquished for adoption and three from the Marks Ridge colony in my bathroom.  Two of the Marks Ridge girls were under weight with URI anyhow.   I'll return all three this weekend when I'm going to Sweet Home again to trap somewhere else.  They're both vastly improved I'd say.

Sinbad, the little orange boy, from Ridgeway, is leaving today to a home opportunity in Portland.   That will at least get one out of that situation there.   The couple who have cared for him and a host of others are happy he'll get a chance at a home.

I'll return Karen's 13 traps too today, along with the towels that covered the traps with the cats who'd been in them.  I've done a lot of laundry last few days.

So, for the records of course, here are photos of the 12 Ridgeway cats fixed Sunday.

Brown tabby tux girl

Dark brown tabby girl

Young long hair gray girl, one of the three from this colony in my bathroom, and half tail tabby tux girl Kinkette
This long hair dark brown tabby tux is a girl, quite young

This little sweetie is a boy and in my bathroom.  The mechanic on the property, newly from Texas, calls him Kitkat.
This is an older long hair light gray tabby boy

Younger fuzzy gray boy

Orange and white boy

Another tabby tux girl

Tabby tux boy

And the long hair muted torti teen girl, who is in my bathroom for now.
So those are the 12 Marks Ridge cats fixed the 19th at the FCCO.  And the last three will go home this weekend.  They really would have had an issue in a few months with all those females.

Last night I was cuddled up in my robe, my cozy Christmas socks and my cat neck massager.  A friend I trapped for in Lebanon brought it over as a Christmas gift and I just love it.  It starts vibrating when you click its front paw.  Oh its bliss I say.


From super cold weather, we are supposed to perhaps hit 60 degrees today, with lots of rain.  As usual.  What else is new in Oregon?

8 comments:

  1. I am not surprised you are zombified. And wonder whether you are more likely to injure yourself when you are over tired.
    Love the neck massager. The friend who gave it to you was clever (and knows you well).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she knows my neck issues and found that at Walmart and got it instantly she said, knew I'd probably love it and I do!

      Delete
  2. That neck massager looks great. It looks a little more cooperative than draping a real cat around your neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more cooperative than a real cat, L and L.

      Delete
  3. They all look so much alike except for Orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can be difficult to tell them apart, to catch the last ones who need fixed but fortunately those ear tips let me know who is and who isn't fixed.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of great work. And I know it must feel futile at times, but you offer hope and opportunity to all these precious creatures. You don't need to ask them to know your efforts matter. ~hugs~ Hope that injury heals and that your neck feels better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sometimes it does feel futile and I wonder what will happen to all the cats needing fixed once I'm dead.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...