Monday, January 20, 2020

Overdid!

Well, I overdid things with catching 25 with Karen maybe.

Oh well, today they go home.  Karen took the 25 to Portland Saturday night and then to the FCCO clinic yesterday to be fixed.  Then she and her boyfriend drove them down here last night.

During the day yesterday, I rounded up 7 more to be fixed today up in Salem.  So last night, I had 31 extra cats to care for here.

I'll be happy for tomorrow when I plan to lounge around all day.  Ha!  My cat shelves hold 16 of them for recuperation.  I'd just fed them all and they were happy about that.



The seven going today to be fixed are all tame, but outside fed and strays.

There's Yoda, a delightful shy Blue Point Siamese boy from Crawfordsville.

They have worked hard to get him to trust them and hope his neuter doesn't mean a set back.

There's a young female from Albany too, left behind by people who moved.  Gizmo had kittens under a shed and a young couple noticed her and had mercy and helped her out.  They found her kittens homes and vow to take care of Gizmo now.


Then my cat wrangler friends, a pair of low income women, in Sweet Home, found several places in Cascadia with unfixed cats.  One place has at least ten.  They caught the first five by hand.

They're supposedly all girls.


Cheeto from Cascadia

Felix from Cascadia.  Nope, Felix is a boy!

Hoss, a chocolate point Siamese girl from Cascadia

!
Mimi.  Look at those blue eyes

Racy from Cascadia
So I'll take these seven to the clinic this morning, then come home and load up Sweet Home kitties to return home.    We hope to get at least the last four from the one Cascadia place done next week.  Tomorrow, besides loads of laundry and cleaning traps, I hope to sleep.  A lot.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly deserve a rest. ~hugs~ I like all the glowing eyes in your film footage. Well done, my dear. I hope you had enough energy to feed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can sleep. I suspect I would fall into a coma if I was as active as you are. A much needed coma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:35 PM

    You've earnt some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...