Thursday, January 09, 2020

Drainage

My cold is epic.  At least I think so.

I haven't had a cold in years, so any event causing drainage that empties kleenex boxes at this rate I will call epic!

Whine, whine.

Australia burns.  The images are too painful to behold.   To my Australian blogger friends Andrew and EC, I don't know what to say but I hope things get better.

I returned the five Sweet Home cats yesterday.  The mom and her four teens, now all fixed.  The elderly woman and her adult son who live on the property (in seperate residences) were both very relieved, realizing what could have happened fast this spring.  They think the mom cat was from a neighbor up the hill who got dogs and then their cat vanished with the big dogs there who were not cat friendly.

Then I stopped by a colony I trapped a few months back.  I caught seven there then, although one boy had a broken leg so badly infected the vet recommended euthanasia.  I also caught two kittens.  The girl went to a Portland rescue and the boy went to a friend who tamed him, then I got him fixed and she found him a home.

I knew there were more cats needing fixed there is why I stopped by.  Well, on the lady's porch was this pathetic tabby on white manx.  When I picked the cat up it was all skin and bones.  When I pulled up the skin to see just how dehydrated the cat was, the handful of skin just stayed up.  The cat was dying!

The old lady said she didn't know the cat.  The cat has a right ear tip already but is not one of the cats I got fixed and returned.  I could not leave a cat in that shape to die like that, so I brought the cat home.  I gave it fluids and a heating pad and am still doing so this morning. 


The cat is a manx or bobtail, whatever you want to call that.  I'll find a vet to get the cat seen at today I hope.  Cat was so dehydrated and cold it would have been dead in the night if I'd not taken it.   Maybe I should have left it but I just couldn't. 


8 comments:

  1. Of course you couldn't leave it there. Thank you. I hope it pulls through - and if it doesn't I am glad that it has warmth, care and comfort.
    And thank you for your wishes for my fire ravaged country. Another bad weekend predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I am sorry - how remiss of me. I do hope your rotten cold improves. They make a person feel truly miserable don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC is so kind, and speaks for us all, I think. I wish all the best for the Australians. Feel better!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Thanks for your concern. It's not possible that you have a man cold? If so, I feel so bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what a man cold is? Compared to just a cold. Whatever I have, it is not fun and so far, I haven't been able to venture out with it.

      Delete
  4. Your dedication is amazing.

    When I am in the middle of an awful cold I dispense with the tissues and go old school with a cloth handkerchief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a better idea as the piles of used tissues get higher and numerous.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...