Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Gunnie Gets Extractions

The coast clinic got a cancellation and called me Monday and asked if I wanted it.  Otherwise, the first available appointment for him was December 4.  I could not imagine him waiting that long, so when they called with a cancellation I was thrilled and snapped it up.   The appointment was today.

Gunnie had been neutered a bit over two weeks ago and the vet at the spay neuter clinic noted in paperwork he badly needed extractions, had rotten teeth.  Today he had 8 extractions.

I didn't take many photos.   I left at 4:30 a.m., having not had time to clean out my car from the 16 cats fixed Monday and Tuesday.  So it didn't smell very good.  Nonetheless I put in my pillow and comforter and a blanket and after dropping him off, headed for my favorite parking lot along the south jetty to sleep.

Well that did not go as planned either.  They were paving the entrance to the parking lot off the main road.  So big huge asphalt trucks kept circling by me in the parking lot. Somehow, despite that, and despite the dirty car and even the dirty comforter which had been atop Gunnie's cage in the garage for two weeks, I slept, but not without allergy problems getting me.

Later on, I went to Mo's and had a rootbeer and some garlic parmeson cheese bread.  It was quite good, and watched the ships out on the Columbia.
All those freighters out there, but what were they waiting for.  I don't think they had loads but maybe they did.  If they were loaded maybe they were waiting on pilots to take them out over the bar.  I don't know.

I went back to the clinic parking lot, climbed in the back and slept some more.  It's really comfortable if only I'd had time to wash the comforter and clean the car out.

Then I picked up Gunnie and it was time to drive home.  Portland traffic was horrific as usual.  But finally clear of that area, and finally finally home at last. 

He was drooling some after surgery but who wouldn't.  8 teeth pullled.  Youch.
 So Pirate has healed and gone home as long as he doesn't get in a big tiff again.  And soon Gunnie will go home but he'll have to stay here awhile yet, til he heals up.

I was very very grateful to get the opportunity to get him in so much sooner.

5 comments:

  1. I am very glad for you and for Gunnie that you did get him in earlier.
    You must have been super tired and I am glad you got a little sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how well you sleep in your car. Well, maybe not amazing. Maybe it's just that you do so much, you are exhausted. Love the picture of the ships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've slept in my car (various ones) a lot in my life, so yes I'm used to it, and have a method to fall asleep. I just count backwards. I've slept in all kinds of strange locations, when exhausted, out trapping, like in hay barns, atop full grass seed bags in grass seed warehouses (very comfy). Guess I am used to sleeping in odd places. But I still can't sleep very well in someone else's house.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy for him. Thank you for the tremendous care you provide. ~hugs~ Glad you made it home safe and got some rest despite everything. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...