Saturday, August 17, 2019

Time at the Creek

I went up and played around in Thomas Creek for awhile.  The weather still has not been very hot here, with predictions for tomorrow of mid 70's and maybe drizzle. 

But it was sunny yesterday and I thought I better take advantage of what we get around here and went up.  The swimming hole where I went was ok, but just ok.  Steep walk down through poison oak, too, hope I don't get it.

Nice little pool though, some flat rocks for a chair.  I took a book, swam a little, even though it was only barely over my head in one spot, watched the little fish dart around pools of water trapped in rock holes and sat in water cascading over the rocks totally relaxing my legs and arms in the rushing water.




There are several small swimming holes along the creek, some used more than others.

Bonita is in the bathroom, dehydrated and with a cold.   She's looking old and I hope she'll survive but have braced myself.  She's eating again though, after two days on fluids, and hopefully she just got behind on water intake when feeling under the weather.

She is such a tiny little cat anyhow and has those horrible polyps in both ears. She is a sweetie though.  When out of the bathroom she doesn't want me to pet her but in the bathroom, different story, she loves it.  So she is getting a lot of attention.

Slinko tries to get me up

Mooki flirts

So does Comet.  Each morning.  They like to be petted and are best friends.  Old farts both of them.

Happy weekend to you!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:51 AM

    Your creek visit sounds very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so, Andrew. I would love to live on the water. I can see myself as one of those strange reclusive happy folk, living on a small boat on a river.

      Delete
  2. Fingers and toes crossed for Bonita.
    I am so glad you got to spend time by the water - which I always find healing/soothing/wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find spending time by and in water the same, EC, healing, soothing, relaxing, wonderful!!!! All those things.

      Delete
  3. I never tire of seeing your lovely family photos. ~hugs~ That swimming hole looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing the soothing video. ~grin~ And I appreciate the well wishes. Tilly is lying on my arm as I type one handed. Heh ~hugs~ Well, I had to get up as my hand fell asleep. Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ok, not highly used, maybe because of steep climb down and the poison oak and it was foamy in spots (pollution). No algae though, which was good. I don't know that I'll go to that one again in near future. I want to go up the Little N. Fork of the Santiam. Maybe next week. When I'm in my "exclusion room, with the computer, sometimes I leave the door open and in comes Sam, jumping on my lap, climbing to my shoulder, then settling in, making computer use improbable.

      Delete
    2. "in comes Sam, jumping on my lap, climbing to my shoulder, then settling in, making computer use improbable."

      "Exclusion room"--I like that. Sage--our two year old male--will climb onto Peggy's shoulder. Indeed, Sage literally walks all over Peggy, but he never ever does the same with me. I don't really know what this means, but suspect it might have something to do with her gender versus my gender because Brewsky also takes liberties with her that he doesn't take with me, and when we had dogs, they clearly recognized my authority more than they did hers.

      Delete
  4. You must not be allergic to poison oak or you would have never gone through it like that. Maybe that's why your area was not as crowded. I love watching the little pools of minnows and playing with the rocks in a creek. Sounds like a good day. Also, here's hoping for a turn around for Bonita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, L and L, that I don't easily get poison oak. And that it likely wasn't crowded because there is PO everywhere. I love watching the fish too. In the end, I scooped mosquito larvae out of drying out isolated rock puddles and fed them to the little fish in other small rock holes not yet isolated from the creek. They loved them. Small pleasures.

      Delete
  5. Like you, I'm not allergic to poison oak, but I treat it like I am because it is possible to develop an allergy. I've read that some people can break out just from smoke from a brush fire touching their skin.

    I'm sure I would have found that water too cold to suit me, but since you seem to go into the water a lot, you must be a good bit hardier than I.

    I love studying the details in your excellent photos. Peggy also has a green bedroom, but I painted mine my favorite color, which is pink.

    Mooki sure is cute "flirting." Scully does that too. Oh the joy of being loved by a cat, and to be loved by all four of mine ranks among the best experiences of my life. While I was playing with kittens in PetSmart the other day, the attendee said, "You're worse than a kid," and I told her that I took that I took her words as a compliment. She later admitted that I did seem to "have a way with cats," and I was reminded of when we got Brewsky (eight years ago), and I no idea how to even pet a cat, so I started out treating him as though he might break.

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...