Monday, June 10, 2019

Been a Bit Busy

I was doing my normal weekend cat round up.  I thought I was going to trap a few of the Sweet Home cats I originally was to trap and transport to the FCCO.  I realized I couldn't actually do that, trap clear up in Sweet Home, going back and forth, then drive clear to Portland with the cats, then muster up to get up after that to return them clear to Sweet Home.  Nope.

So I figured I could get them done a bit at a time, and called the woman to offer that, and she said sure, come up on Saturday afternoon (this was Saturday morning), but it wasn't three hours later she texted and said she would be gone Saturday and Sunday.  What?   How did she not know that three hours previous.

No matter, I had to come up with some cats. So KATA, what's left of them after Vicki died, sent me a screen shot of a message they got and asked what to tell the woman.  The screen shot was of kittens outside a trailer.   The woman works as a caregiver sometimes for someone in the trailer park and was disgusted that so many cats and kittens were in need there.   I tried calling the number of the woman who sent KATA the message but got no reply.

In the end, Julie, of Spay Inc., and I drove the trailer park, looking for a trailer whose skirt matched that in the photo with the kittens.  Plus there was a pot in the photo.  Hey, we found it, but not until the very last little dead end of the trailer park.

And I saw a kitten run under a car.

Damn, lots of cats there.   Well to make a long story short, I trapped 11 adults there and Julie and I trapped 11 kittens too.

Yup.

It was hot here yesterday too and today.   KATA now has four of the kittens.  Julie has five.  I have two, a pair of brothers, one a manx, but they're going to Heartland tomorrow.  Along with the lone survivor of a horrific find---kittens in a plastic bag on Lochner Road, only one still alive.  The lucky girl will go to Heartland too tomorrow.

I was able to get the 11 adults fixed today on my 7 reservations.  Plus I begged an 8th reservation online and got one offered up from a Salem woman.  Then KATA gave up three of their reservations and there you have it, 11 for me and the trailer park cats.  

Sure, there are more at the trailer park needing caught and fixed, but we put a dent in a big problem really fast.

All from a photo in a screenshot.

The 11 adults fixed were five girls, all lactating, and six boys.

Airy 
Peli



Simone

Sushi

Tawny
Bullet

Cream

Crooked

Mac 
Siam



Sunny
Boy Bob still needs caught and fixed.  He's being a good boy, waiting for the fixed girl to eat all she wants before he dives in.  What a guy!

Cream is now fixed.

I don't know who these two are

This is the cutest cat and still needs caught to be fixed.

This kitten hasn't been caught yet either.
This kitten is in my bathroom now along with his brother who is a manx.
  So anyhow, I'm tired but not too bad.  I took a nap during the day and had a dream I was waiting for a bus, but when it came, the bus driver said she was going off duty now.  I tried to ask when the next bus would come, but instead fell asleep with my head against the side of a shopping cart.  I could register, just barely, people making comments about me sleeping the way I was.  So I had a dream I was napping while I was napping.   

The garage was too hot to recuperate the cats and besides the lactating moms needed to return to any of their kittens we hadn't stolen from them while they were getting fixed.   So the cats are all already home and now its my own bed time  Yes, I've been busy.

6 comments:

  1. You have indeed been busy. Very busy.
    Well done - and sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you've been busy. Even if she didn't answer her phone again, thank goodness, that care giver called about the cat problem at the trailer park. Amazing work you did there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, is a situation that needs dealt with.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Very busy and good sleuthing work to find the cats and kittens.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...