Tuesday, March 26, 2019

19 More Cats Fixed in Exhausting Three Days

Yup.  Exhausted myself.

19 more fixed yesterday, most, 15 of them, from the Salem colony.

There are at least two more needing fixed up there.  She knows how to trap though now and where to get traps and that will be up to her to do.  One of the two is tame.

After I return four big males this morning, and the black one still not fixed in my garage, because she's got a cold and I didn't have enough spay neuter space, I'll be done up there and thank goodness for that.

15 were fixed from the Salem colony, although only four of those fixed will return.  Meow Village took the other 11 and will find them barn homes.   That Salem colony lady is lucky so many people are putting out to help her out of the situation she created up there by feeding cats without getting them fixed.  It went on for years and years.

Like I said, I have one black one from up there in the garage still as I didn't have enough spay neuter space.

She'll be done soon and then go home.  These are the four massive boys, all with various fight wounds, who will go home today.  They were fixed yesterday.

Kilo

Attila
Braven
Apollo
These 11 from the Salem colony were fixed yesterday, then I took them to Meow Village, who hopes to find them barn homes.

Kenya, a girl

Mackaw, also a girl

Mensa, a girl

Myanmar, a boy
Nairobi, a girl

Nosy, a boy

Raven, a girl

Ringo, a boy


Tinny, a torbi tux girl

Yang, a boy 
Yin, a torti point girl


Besides the 15 from the Salem colony who were fixed, a boy from Lebanon, two cats from Albany and a girl from a Salem trailer park were fixed.  I still need to return Pearl from the trailer park but the other three are now back home.

Pearl, from a Salem trailer park, a sweet girl 
Bad photo of beautiful Cele, of Albany, a torti point girl


Another bad photo, this one of Cosmo, a dark gray boy from Albany

Finally there is Hamilton, from Lebanon, neutered yesterday and freed by the clinic of some bad mats while they were at it.
While the endeavor has exhausted me, it is rewarding to know so many more cats won't be reproducing further.   There are plenty of cats in the world now.  I suppose the same could be said of humans. 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:21 PM

    There are people out and about on the street who I see and I think they just should not be allowed to breed and become parents. You can just guess how the children will be brought up, and the cycle will go on. I don't mind a soft focus when my photo is taken. Maybe Cele and Cosmo don't mind either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right about some people who shouldn't breed kids that grow up to become as the same way that they have witnessed growing up. The never ending cycle of nothingness, violence and addiction. Cele and Cosmo are nice cats. Whatever the photos say of them, they're nice cats.

      Delete
  2. 19, you're amazing! Can you fit 19 carriers in your car, or do some of the cats share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must be in live traps, then yes, easily. I can fit 16 in the back alone, four across, four high, if they are the smaller tomahawk traps, then 8 more in front of those. So 19 was an easy fit despite some of the traps being large tomahawks.

      Delete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...