Friday, March 22, 2019

Meesa Says Goodbye

I've been so tired the entire last year.   And I just can't keep the weight on anymore.

I drink and drink, and my belly is saggy and wags back and forth when I walk.

I still like to climb to the top runs and sleep in the basket by the TV.  I love that basket with the fuzzy blanket.  The bigger basket isn't as comfortable and besides, Buffy's always in that one.  Buffy and I don't see eye to eye but mostly we don't have issues.  We just pass each other without even looking the other's way.  That works for both of us.

I don't like Slinko.  He's mean to me and tries to scare me.  I wish he'd run away.

I know my person is worried.  She follows me around offering warm broth or cat treats.  I like those cat treats but not so much the broth.   I see her eyes on me all the time, and she looks back down when she knows I see her looking my way.

She's been holding me down in a net too sometimes, which I hate.  I try to get away, bite the net, then I feel the sting of a needle.  But after that, I feel much better and all warm and I have a big warm lump on my shoulder for awhile, that leaks water sometimes.   Then, within a few minutes, I want to eat and walk around a little or find a sun spot in the window and watch the birds.  I guess I'm getting old and my time in this world is short now.

Yesterday I was much worse.  I felt so sick.  I couldn't eat anymore.  My person tried to feed me kitten milk, warmed up, and nutrical.  She warmed socks full of rice and tucked them beside me but I just moved under the bed then.   I wanted to vomit but I couldn't.  I was so weak I could only go a few steps.   She scooped me up in a blanket and took me into the bathroom.

She did this before too, but then she let me out when she saw I was sad, and I was so relieved I wobbled to the nearest scratching post and dug at it with my front claws.

I didn't want back out of the bathroom today.  I couldn't take more than a few steps.  She had a nice warm heating pad under my favorite fuzzy blanket and I just lay there.  She was so worried, she fluttered in and out, starting about 3:00 in the morning, hovering over me, talking baby talk softly, and finally put down her phone near me and it started making kitten mews and purring sounds and that went on for over an hour as I drifted out of this life.

I'm gone now.   My body will rejoin the earth and become all sorts of new things.  My spirit will join all things bright and beautiful.

I think she's wishing I could still be there, but I had a very long good life.   There was nothing I didn't have.  It was like going from a pauper to a Queen the way she treated all of us.  I never became a lap cat and she didn't care.  She let me be me.

I came here long long ago when she took me and my four kittens out of a dark utility room and the people said I'd be dead if she brought me back.  You should have heard her tell that man off.  I was scared stiff in a carrier with my four kittens, not knowing what the future would hold, and she's got her finger wagging in his face.  Then she stomped off with all of us and none of us ever looked back.

I'm no longer in the house of cats, not physically, but the energy of my spirit is there, you can be sure, and always will be.






R.I.P beautiful Meesa.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I didn't know Meesa, but I'm shedding a few tears for her now even though I know it was her time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful Meesa.
    Though I never met you, I know your Mom, she loves you so dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, rest your sweet soul, dear kitty. Hugs for this loss, Strayer my dear. You are such a precious person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry to read this. It is so hard when our fur babies leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot get over her beauty. What a fitting, unique and pretty name. Rest in peace, Meesa.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...