Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Walking Dead

That would be me. 

I'm in a daze, brain dead, body on auto pilot.

But I'm happy!   Smiling.

By tomorrow, 28 KB colony cats will be fixed.

By Friday, the last three will be back home and then I take a week off.

I only started getting them fixed a week ago Monday.

There are at least two still out there needing caught and fixed, but both are young and I will get to it.

I returned two more to the KB colony today, who were fixed yesterday.  And I returned Cinnamon, the little precious torti, from the Griggs colony, to her home.

Catalina, a KB calico, fixed yesterday, went home today.

Gemini went home too.  He's a boy.
I saw only two cats when I returned the pair.  I saw Junior, the big tame male fixed Monday.  And I saw DeFuca, the little gray tabby tux girl, fixed a week ago Monday.  The rest are spooked of me and would  not come out.

Then I went out to the Griggs colony to return Cinnamon.  I really love her.  She has the biggest personality.  They were nice, gave me a dozen duck eggs, and we chatted awhile.  I gave them more of that donated food from WA.

Cinnamon from Griggs

These last three in the garage from KB are going to get fixed at Heartland Humane tomorrow.  Hoodsie has been in the garage since last Tuesday.   Hasn't exactly been hard on him.  Or her.  Snowflake has been in there since the weekend.  And a black and white joined them on Monday.  I have not named that one yet.  I'll think of something.

That's Snowflake on the far left, Hoodsie in the back and the unnamed black and white in the front.  
Junior out there at KB had been howling loudly for a female.  Gawd its pathetic.  Good thing he's neutered now.  That will stop soon.

Yup its all good now at both colonies.  Sure a couple more to catch here and there, but they are young ones and they need to all settle down again and forget me as the trapper and remember I'm the wet cat food lady instead.  Then I can get a better handle on anybody left other than the two I know still need caught.  Like this one.

This teenage brown tabby still needs caught out at KB

8 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL news. I hope you do rest - you certainly have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy getting 28 of them fixed so quickly. I'm taking the three little ones fixed yesterday back home this morning.

      Delete
  2. Besides sleep, what do you want to do next week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read, take some walks up in the park, enjoy life!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! Wish I could hug you. What about Misty for the unnamed kitty? Or Mister, depending on gender. lol You deserve a good rest. Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see this in time. She was fixed yesterday and named Oreo for her records, the only girl of the three kittens. Hoodsie had a bit of ringworm, but then so have a couple other kittens from there.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Is this a personal best number of cats in a short time period for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think it is, long term, but for the last few years, yes, I think it probably is. Except.....now remembering, there was that massive Harrisburg colony. I think I caught 11 alone with one drop of the drop trap down there.

      Delete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...